Mass Effect 3 PC demo

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by @Threshold, Feb 12, 2012.

1. @Threshold

@Threshold Active Member

Ned likes this.
  2. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I think I'll wait for release. Probably instant buy from me and don't really want to spoil anything.

3. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

I will probably get it but i preferred 1 and i think 3 is just a revamped 2.

4. Jakob_Pavlov

Jakob_Pavlov Retired Captain

Got the demo, but am not planning on touching the Single Player side of it (saving that for when my pre-order arrives :))

Had a quick play with the Co-Op (on my own!).....not sold....but it might provide a few short-term giggles with some reliable squad mates on voice comms.

HATE the far too tight field of view (FOV) that has become common with consoles being lead platforms; makes me feel clostrophobic (<-sp?) and disorientated. Hope that there might be a FOV fix for the PC version by editing a config file or something. (Do the play testers never comment on this for the PC version?!?)

5. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

I got it and will play it tonight. Thanks for the heads up

Edit: Played the SP and not impressed. I cant believe the space bar was the sprint/jump/hide/somersault/pickup/action key. It was not what I was looking for.

uninstalled.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. SJ777

SJ777 Retired Moderator

ive got ME and ME2 but have only played a bit of ME2 so I;m behind the 8ball alot. But having played a bit of the ME3 SP demo I see i could enjoy it for what it is - not planning on a getting it on release however.

Not overly impressed with the script, the acting, the animation so far. I am looking forward to parodys overdubbed on the video of the SP demo intro tho...some visuals there that leave things wide open.:p

anyway this is from someone who really doesn't know any better when it comes to ME:)

7. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

So Redgum, was this your first foray in Mass Effect or does this not bring to the table what you liked in ME1 or 2?

8. Carm

Carm Well-Known Member

surely its customisable like ME2?

9. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

sorry I didnt mean to sound like I dismissed it out of hand. I like shooters and future shooters really do the trick. The demo was my first look at ME and although it might be a great game it just isnt for me.

10. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

It's an RPG first, shooter second. If what you really wanted was a straight up scifi shooter/action game then you'll likely be disappointed.

I'm not really keen on the Multiplayer aspect of this game, I understand why they did it now, but all I really care about is the story.

Not even going to download the Demo for this one - don't want to spoil anything.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  11. Jakob_Pavlov

Maybe I should send these youTube videos to all the developers that refuse to give us a workable PC FOV by default?

Videos courtesy of Bru1ser: http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-3/416065-motion-sickness-pc-games.html (Rep. him if you like them)

Plug likes this.
  12. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Geez, all this negativity is almost inspiring me to download the demo. I liked ME, loved ME2 and am now scared that ME3 will stink. :(

13. Carm

Carm Well-Known Member

stuff the negativity Purg I have played the demo and found it is terrific and will buy the full game for sure when I have a cpla bucks spare, like any game released by EA there will be bugs but I guess most of us have come to expect that :? I like how the demo gives you 3 choices of game play to try Daz went straight in but I went for the story and decision making side of it was cool... imo anyway :)
    I'm like Drac I like the story of it so the mp isn't that important to me
    Wow Red I really thought this would be up your alley ...

14. awm

awm Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Oooh Liara babeee...

15. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Unreal 3 engine, you'll be able to mod the fov no worries.

16. Jakob_Pavlov

Hope so mate....I'll be googling on release day!

17. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I love the whole series and thought twice about playing the demo but gave it a shot anyway it doesnt really give anything away as such. Not sure why so many have slated the demo. Bioware arent going to let us down on this, unlike alot of games in recent months it runs very well unlike some of the badly coded games ive played.

The multiplayer side of things is actually quite fun. From what ive seen of the game in the demo if you liked ME2 your going to like ME3, and thats the best advice you can have!

Carm likes this.
  18. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

20 hours in and that assessment is pretty spot on. Feels very ME2 and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Few bugs - being given missions I can't complete and many missions aren't obvious where you need to travel to in order to complete have wasted a bit of time but on the whole, I'm happy with the way the game has panned out thus far.