[DONE] Maybe just what I have been looking for...

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Studdlypig, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Studdlypig

Studdlypig Getting Started

Hey guys, I seriously just typed older gamers into google and this was the first thing that popped up. Seems perfect.

I am 35 and work in IT. After moving around most of the west coast finally find a home in San Diego but lost a lot of my friends in the process due to the moves and life events; Kkds, marriage, jobs, etc, the normal stuff. I normally played with my brother but he just had a kid also so his time is limited.

My fiance got a new job working 3pm to 11pm so pretty much all my after work evenings are free to game, but I have been having a hard time finding people to play with. Browsed reddit for discords but nothing really has come of it.

Start playing Nintendo when my parents bought one for my brother and I in 1990 when they could afford it. Got my first computer during the dial up age and took out the garbage for 3 months to get my parents to upgrade to 56k from 28.8

Just got into FF14 with my brother, we also play SWTOR, however my go to is CSGO. Played Cal-I a long time ago, not so good now. I just try to get in 1 match or so a day.

I really miss playing Division 2 so hoping to find some people to play that with and have about 100 uninstalled Steam games that I am willing to install if I can find someone to play them with.

Sorry for rambling on, I am kind of excited at the thought of finding like minded, mature people to play with.

Thank you for taking me into consideration.

-Studdly Pig

newfulla, CAMMO and Shrubbo like this.
  2. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member Officer

Hey bud, thanks for mentioning the history of your gaming, wicked cool to see you played CSGO!
    Glad Google can accommodate your request so diligently, good on big data getting all of our info and selling our privacy for the sake of convenience...
    I mean.. Welcome!!!!!! There are a couple of people who have recently joined our ranks in Division 2, we are mostly AU/NZ based but quite active on discord with about 80 members active over 2 in game clans with a couple of members globally who play regularly... but enough about the stats! When approved will guide the next steps re getting you set up. :eek:

Shrubbo likes this.
  3. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

A Moose and a Studdy Pig walked into a bar...
    [​IMG]

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

newfulla, CAMMO and Moose like this.
  4. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member Officer

Shrubbo and CAMMO like this.
  5. Studdlypig

Awesome, Thank you guys! Looking forward to this!

Moose, newfulla and Shrubbo like this.
  6. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

Bet the Goat is starting to feel a little left out about now... :p

When I googled Studdly pig, this is what they came back with.... hehe :)

[​IMG]

Welcome to TOG @Studdlypig !!!!

btw, I think most husbands here would envy you given the hours your fiancé works, that's like prime gaming hours but without the nagging ;)

CAMMO and Moose like this.
  7. Studdlypig

Haha Thanks that is awesome!

Moose likes this.