[DONE] Membership/IIntro

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Evandis, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Evandis

Evandis Getting Started

Greetings fellow gamers!

My name is Michael and I have been playing games in one fashion or another since about 1975ish.. I turn 50 this year in March but am still going strong. I started out with Good ole Dungeons and Dragons (the original) which was hosted by our Middle School history teacher after school! I have been hooked with gaming ever since. I have played World of Warcraft on and off since its inception. I started out online in its very early stages playing text based games like Gemstone III and paying huge amounts of money on those initial dialup internet charges! I am NOT good at twitch type games or shooters and don't really enjoy them at all. I enjoy strategy games like Starcraft but always end up back at Word of Warcraft it seems.

I came back to WoW about 6 months ago after a bit of a Layoff and am enjoying it immensely once again. I was on an EU server as I served in the military for 10 years overseas and when I came back to the States I just never changed. Well now I wanted to just get back around my own time zone so bit the bullet and transferred to a US server where I had to start entirely from scratch.

I was scrolling thru possible guilds available on my server (Runetotem) and saw the guild Titans of Gore and was intrigued. I find myself really not enjoying the ramblings of SOME of the younger generation screaming and acting the way they do at times. I know it comes with the gaming now days for the most part but I am a pretty chill guy, I enjoy challenging play like Mythic+ and Raiding, but don't enjoy drama or freaking out and screaming etc that comes along with seemingly some of the younger generation.

I think thats about it, don't want to write a book about myself. Ex Military man now a mailman who retires in about 6 years looking for a place to call home online and in the game of WoW.

Thanks for the consideration!

Michae/Evandis

2. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Welcome Old Time D&D Player...LOL! I started playing using the White Box/Chainmaile. I gave alllll my books & miniatures to my Newphew long ago. I am just now getting back into playing using the 5e version...and having a blast. The average of my fellow players are under 25...so I bring a more unique perspective to the table...the "I don't care if my character dies *IF* we have fun before hand!" -)

I don't play WoW but I do play many others.

TQQdles™

3. Ninja Gizmosis

Ninja Gizmosis Communications Manager Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Welcome to The Older Gamers community for those who are 25+ and have a passion for gaming. Your application has been reviewed and approved.
    You may now access all aspects of the TOG Service including:

• TOG member community forums
    • TOG member communications servers
    • TOG member game Divisions
    Drop by the Lounge to say hello, join a discussion or simply lurk. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Visit the Voice Communications forum for instructions on joining our GameVox and Discord Servers.
    Browse through the vast array of gaming Divisions to familiarise yourself with the games and cultures. Each can be very different. In each Division you should find instructions on joining other TOG members in game.
    Join our STEAM Group or Facebook page. Spend some time to check out the forum functions such as user profiles and private messages at the top right corner of the forum. Maybe view site leaders under the Quick Links tab.
    We hope you enjoy the TOG community. Please spread the message to your friends and family who are also interested in gaming.

All the best!

4. Sysmon

Sysmon World of Warcraft Division Captain

Hi there! Welcome onboard!

:D S

5. Evandis

Evandis Getting Started

Thanks! Yes I pretty certain my brother owned that original white setup and i think my very first one was this one dad.jpg

Thanks for the welcome!