Membership request

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Larz, May 31, 2004.

1. Larz

Larz Getting Started

Hi, my name is Larry, I go by Larz. I found you guys when doing a google search trying to figure out wich healers work the best. I logged in, talked to Melinar for a bit and he told me to post here.
    I'm a physician in the Los Angeles area, 34, divorced, no kids, live the bachelor's lifestyle with my good friend and roomamte and spend too much time playing video games.
    I played AC1 for a couple of years, got to level 51, played AC2 when it came out, didn't really like it. Played DaOC for 6 months and got frustrated with the game mechanics and haven't played any MMORPG's for about a year now. I am definitely hooked on the rpg/treadmill style and recently played Star Wars KOTOR, but with the lack of human element, it is pretty boring when you're not in the thick of battle and now that I have finished it, I don't feel the urge to replay the same plot.
    So, here I am. I got Lin II last week, played on the Erica server as an elf warrior to 16, and a human mage to 9, dabbled in the orcs, looked at the dwarves run speed and wrinkled my nose. I ran around, learned the mechanics, got a pet, got ganked by some kids that kept KS'ing me and kept hiting me while in battle and when I attacked him back, his 3 buddies gang banged me. What was even worse is that they trash talked me for 10 minutes before they even started KS'ing me. :evil:
    I was already frustrated with the downtime I was having with my future ranger and was thinking of making a more group oriented character, but couldn't bear the thought of spending all my time grouped with some l33t d00ds. That's when I found you guys.

If I am going to just dive in to guild oriented play, I need some advice. I want to make a healer, but I don't wanted to be stranded with group only play. My understading is that in the early 20's your healer still does ok because you just started specializing and the others that went down the nuker path do not yet have that many skills. But in the 25 range, healers start falling way behind because they get no new nukes and start relying on armor and melee. If this is true and you guys can loan me a series of higher grade weapons than what I would otherwise be able to afford to offset that disadvantage, I would be more than happy to go down that path.
    Other questions I have are: what is needed in the guild? If you guys have healers and want a nuker with light heal, that is even easier for me. If you don't have any war smith, I could play that role, but I'm afraid that starting late, I will probably only get to level 35-40 and might not be high enough to be useful to the higher level players, where a 300 point heal at 35 is still useful to a level 50 in battle. Ther other thing I can never find the answer to is how much healing do Orc shamans do? The description of Chant of Life say's "Quickly recovers party member’s HP." What exactly does that mean? From what I have read, Orc shamans can solo pretty well and from my own low level experiments, their PAtk is 30% higher than Orc fighter when their battle cry is on.
    So, it boils down to which of the following choices (in my order of preference) do you guys need the most?
    1) Human nuker with heals maxed (individual 107hp, group 86hp @lev 14), on road to necro.
    2) Human healer (individual 301hp, group 241hp @ lev 35), on road to prophet.
    3) Orc Shaman (? heal ammounts) on road to ?
    4) Dorf on road to making $, but prolly falling short of where I need to be.

Thanks for all of your time in reading this, and hopefully I'll seee you in game soon.

-L.

2. Toker

Toker Getting Started

3. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

Hey there Larz. As Toker mentioned, have a read of the AUP and FAQ in that link, and post back here after you've read, understood and accept all that is laid out within.

Smash is the L2 Division Captain - the ugly one you know as Melinar in game. And unless he's changed things around, in TOG it's not about us asking you to play a particular class. Play whatever you want, whatever you find the most fun doing. We all know about having a life outside of gaming, and having fun is the most important thing here at TOG.

:)

Oh, and see Toker for your TOG (tm) straitjacket. :D

4. StockMan

StockMan Retired Advisor

Yes, TOG is more of a community than a "clan"....welcome and enjoy :twisted:

5. crowtree

crowtree Retired Captain

Welcome to the family Larz. I'm a poor FPS man myself and most of what you said was like a Boeing 747 - over my head :? :)

Come to the right place for great team play though.

6. touchwood

touchwood Well-Known Member

:D G`day mate ,welcome to TOG.........

7. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hiya mate!

8. Delim

Delim Getting Started

Hi mate welcome to TOG. Couple of things for yah. One get the stuff Janus mentioned out of the way =)
    Secondly, we are pretty set on class balance in l2, so you can pretty much play whatever you want to and have fun with it. Take a look in the private forums once you get permission and we have a character listing at the top stickied. Have a look at that and see where yah fit in=)
    Talk to yah in game.

9. Zlipzlop

Zlipzlop Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG! :)

Ummm..yea, what Crowtree said. Will your post get any clearer for me if I run through a babel fish?

10. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Welcome!

11. Drebin

Drebin Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG Larz

12. Larz

Larz Getting Started

Ok, read the FAQ and terms of use, applied to the TOG usergroup. Will see you guys in game soon. :D

-Larz

13. Xenogog

Xenogog Getting Started

Welcome M8

14. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

Just caught the application mate. :)

I've made you a member, so head on in to the L2 private forums and hassle Smash.

Have fun!

15. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hi Larz, welcome aboard dude!

16. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Welcome

Welcome to TOG :D

17. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

Yo yo mano! Nice to see ya stopped by ;) Make sure you get TS up and running so we can chat with you in game!

Welcome aboard...oh and whenever I do this circle motion with my arm my sholder pops and my elbow hurts...what does that mean?? :twisted: JK

CYA!

18. GiTFiDDle

GiTFiDDle Active Member

Is there a Doctor in the house? I think I'm adicted to gaming. Welcome aboard Lars!!! :D :lol:

19. Dars183

Dars183 Retired Moderator

Hi Larz, Welcome to TOG :)

I'm sure you and Matron will get on famously :twisted: :wink:

Cheers

20. max63

max63 Retired Advisor

greetings and welcome,most important have fun :D