MESS headache

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!' started by cartech, Mar 3, 2013.

1. cartech

cartech Active Member

I was wondering if anyone here has ever set up mess and could enlighten me with a few details. I have been playing around with different frontends and can get mame to work ok but when I try to set up MESS I can not get anything to work. If I use the messuei version I can get two of the atari's to run but thats about it. If someone knows a bit about it maybe I could catch up on TS and you could talk me thru it?

2. GavsteR

GavsteR Active Member

Hyperspin

Hi Cartech

I've been recently looking at setting up a reto gaming rig from Hyperspin....
    http://hyperspin-fe.com/

Still not sure if I will actually do it though.
    I do have over 30Gb of mame roms if required...

cheers

GavsteR

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. cartech

cartech Active Member

Hey Gav, since I put up that post I have moved on and cheated a little and got a 2TB hyperspin system. I am currently prepping a vewlix clone cabinet for painting. I have an old rig ready to go and a whole heap of RGB buttons to make it light up pretty colours. Thanks for the offer tho.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  4. GavsteR

GavsteR Active Member

Ah...great news..

please post up a picture....
    If its easy to do i'll make one myself..

GavsteR

5. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

I'm so lost. WTF is this Hyperspin thing? Is it hardware? And if so, what does it do? Is it a software frontend for your PC to use emus? I cannot for the life of me find a description on their site, and the video is just leaving me more confused...

6. cartech

cartech Active Member

Hyperspin is the software that displays all your emulated platforms and games in a revolving wheel display. It does a whole heap of things but it mainly makes you mame arcade look really nice with preview movies and such. So for me I have a heap of emulated plaforms and when I start hyperspin I can rotate the display wheel on my screen and select what platform I want to play, then once I have selected my platform my games are displayed on the same wheel type display.

Next time your on TS Butters I will explain better

No need to watch all of this but check out the first couple of minutes to get the idea
    Hyperspin +85 Systems -FULL 2013- FOR SALE - YouTube