Mining Turtle Restrictions

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Cheith, Feb 19, 2014.

1. OranjeJus

OranjeJus Freshly Squeezed Staff Member Moderator

Oh wait, I know what I was originally going to say:

If Turtle Soup doesn't do it for you, how about we shove them into an Alveary with a mutator and uranium and make some Mutant Turtles.

Then we just need to find a rat that knows kung-fu to take them under his wing. Well, paw...

I've seen the documentary about lots of animals knowing kung-fu. Like turtles, snakes, tigers, and such (even pandas! But they're uncommon apparently.) Bound to be some rats out there that know it too.

- OJ

2. OranjeJus

Aveege: A potential misinterpretation of this sentence, combined with not having been around for a while.

Edit: Rules as currently found in forum from the link-path via stickies

Quarry in Mining world can be max sized
    Quarry in Overworld can only be default 9 x 9

No mining world, no access to deep dark for a long long time, stuck with 9x9 quarry when sticking to the rules.

If this has changed and I can go bigger than 9x9 I'd dearly love to know asap :)

- OJ

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  3. DarrenM

DarrenM Active Member

It's also worth noting that "Quarries must be turned off if you leave the server" means you can't leave it placed in the world. I assumed it meant you couldn't leave it actively mining/powered on :)

4. OranjeJus

Someone want to confirm this? I just leave mine powered off but don't specifically make the trip out to pick it up.

- OJ

5. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

I used to just run my quarry with an energy tesseract, 1 gold pipe, one wooden pipe and an item tesseract..

Then I just milked EK's free power... :cool:

This time round might have to actually get a reliable power supply going.. ..need to look into oil fabrication and bioreactors...

6. DeeP

DeeP Retired Captain

In the Over world we were always 9 x 9 only ... there is no specific mining world other than the deep dark so I am not sure what the quarry size in the deep dark is allowed to be >< I dont go there .... very scary :(

7. DarrenM

DarrenM Active Member

I can confirm it. I left one under my base to get my ender lilies to grow. When I came back on the next day it was placed in a chest with a message from I telling me to remove them before leaving the server.

I had it placed again tonight while mining and it seems it must have caused an issue because an admin replaced it with a personal anchor while I was out exploring. At least that one kept my turtle going.

8. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

That's because it was obviously not being used as a quarry. You were using it to keep chunks loaded to circumvent the personal anchors deactivating when you went offline. Don't do it again.