MMO suggestions

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by ttomm61, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ttomm61

ttomm61 Getting Started

Haven't posted in quite awhile do to crappy computer....I am now 66, and the computer i have has really pretty good ati onboard graphics..would probably stall at the Old Republic but most anything else should run..I want to find a good mmo with depth that other adults play on also..

I have been trying Rift for a few days and today some girl asked how old old I am..I said 38 because of embarassment..She goes "OhWow...If i would have said 66 she might have flipped..ok I'm a coward

So what now are the older games here playing and I'll take all suggestions:eek:

Snott likes this.
  2. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Try Eve Online. Average age is about 28 years. Good support within TOG. An amazing array of play styles are available.

3. Pumpkin Lykos

Pumpkin Lykos <font color=#7F20C4> Retired Captain</font>

We have a few older players in GW (60+) but most of our members are late 30s mid 40s.

GW also has a free trial here

4. ttomm61

ttomm61 Getting Started

I may just try EVE..I heard its a toughie to learn but I got all day to try
    Tom

5. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

MMORPG Pro Tip: Assume all girls are guys, unless genetic samples prove otherwise. :p

6. ttomm61

ttomm61 Getting Started

:eek:

7. Pumpkin Lykos

Pumpkin Lykos <font color=#7F20C4> Retired Captain</font>

There are some real ones though :)

8. solarbear88

solarbear88 Well-Known Member

If you play by yourself, the LOTRO is pretty good. The personal story is pretty engaging. In a thread below someone was commenting on how good EQ2 is. Both are F2Play so nothing lost.

9. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

Can you do the books solo? I haven't played since the first 6 months, but I know back then you needed a group to do the books.

10. Shadowfury

Shadowfury Active Member

Yep, you can solo them. The game also has a dungeon finder now, great improvements...LOTS of content.
    I can't keep up with Turbine's expansions especially while playing other games. Lotro's great.
    (but so is EVE, EQ2 and GW...all quality games)

11. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

True. I have to say that even though LotRO isn't particularly revolutionary, or brings anything new to the MMORPG table, it's the most polished game out there. Sure it isn't as flashy, with a more subtle magic system in regard to visual effects, but the mechanics are solid.

Also this is one of the very few games where crafting is important. Since the drop rate of items is pretty much nonexistent, you will finding yourself using your craft skills to equip yourself. Cooking is especially useful, since that is where you will get most of your healing/mana restoration from, as making potions is quite difficult, as resource nodes for the Scholar craft (which makes potions) are rather few an far between. At one stage, across my 6 toons, all my magic items came from items I crafted myself.

If I had a fit of insanity and decided to pick up an MMO game again... I'd probably play this (crafting, lore and story) or Age of Conan (Bloody combat & titties!! :D)

12. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

:D

13. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

Well I do have two lifetime subs to LOTRO, so maybe I will look at it again. It has been a long time and I don't doubt they have lots of content. I had a GM in almost all the crafting skills, the only ones I was lacking was weaponsmith and the one where you had to get artifacts and ink and such, forget the name of that craft but both of those are masters.

14. solarbear88

solarbear88 Well-Known Member

I have no idea. I tried out the F2Play for a couple of days and really liked the story. I get kinda bored really easily and had no one to play with, but if I could stand to play by myself, I would definitely have enjoyed it.

15. Rahze

Rahze Well-Known Member

There are lots of quality games you can do trials or light versions or free to play now. As for older population, I'd imagine LOTRO and EQ and EVE would be best for that but you will find a mix in any game. Don't worry if someone thinks you're old, you aren't the only one playing it your age. Especially these days a larger portion of gamers are those who've been gaming for several years and are older now. We don't just stop playing games! ;)

As for free or light versions I know about off the top of my head: WoW to 20, Rift light, LOTRO, DDO, EQ2, and Aion is going free to play too but you'd need to be okay with PvP for Aion.

Guild Wars is buy once and Guild Wars 2 will be the same when it's released.