Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Bawheidbob, Nov 5, 2009.

1. click

click Well-Known Member

Just added you mate
    I always thought you played on the 360

2. Mysterio3

Mysterio3 Getting Started

lol i am on 360, not PS3... dunno who you added cuz my PSN ID isnt the same as my 360 one.
    and yes, i was rather surprised by that game too, but 25+ AC130s can do that to the k/d :p

3. Zaxvien

Zaxvien Active Member

There isn't much difference between recruit and veteran, as veteran is easier in this game compared to the previous ones. I accidentally played the game three times, first on hard, because I thought veteran would be insane, then after it I beginned veteran, found it a bit lame as I was only twice stuck. Then I went to recruit to collect the intel items and was actually surprised that they have raised the difficulty level there.

I miss the clear, puritan feeling of the previous games.

4. oziwally

oziwally Active Member

5. George

George Retired Captain

PS3

Tomorrow is my day off and I fancy a bit of a run on MW2. I will be on from noon till 2pm local time (6-8pm Bris & 7-9pm syd). I know it's a bit short notice, but will anyone else be on?

6. maggot_bag

maggot_bag Getting Started

will try

7. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

Quick question to the PS3 players. Do you guys get to join local games?

I jumped on last night but I kept getting put in American hosted games. Nothing against our northern friends, but the lag is horrendous.

Either there are no Aussies hosting on 360, or the match making system is crap :confused:

8. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

Psh. Whatever mongrel. I didn't like playing with you anyways. ;)

But you were doin pretty good considering your connection.

But it was good to finally play with ya.

Anyways, Whenever you log into a game the game will automatically find the room with the lowest ping for you. So if there are any Aussie rooms up, I am sure the game would drop you into it.... :confused:

9. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Unless they know the Mongrel so will not let him in. :p

10. Pure Mongrel

Hmm ... I was wondering why the "No Dogs Allowed" signs :mad:

Pfftt ... they just fear me and what I could do if I was not shackled with uber lag! :rolleyes:

It was good to finally get a game with you F-O-E. Next time though I might get you to invite me to party chat. I could not hear you over all your fellow country men. They have very "unique" rolling battle commentary during matches huh? :D I would invite, but it may actually cause my Internet connection to curl up in the corner of the room, rock in fear and whimper "make the bad man stop daddy!". :eek: (Have I ever mentioned I hate Telstra? :confused:)

Did you get your game in George?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  11. Fall-Of-Enosis

Ha mostly I mute all of the players unless they are using coms for actual tactics. Otherwise they're ranting about "F'in noob-tube!" "Did you see that?" "Damn campers" and so forth. Annoying little turds.

Party chat is great except the fact that it limits us to only a few game options. But we can totally do that! :D

12. Pure Mongrel

As an experiment I have hired MW2 on PS3 for the week. I want to get a gauge on the PSN lag (or lack of) and see how it marries players up.

Should be interesting?

13. George

George Retired Captain

Had a great run with sellfcon (m_b). Even with a ping to the moon and back i still ended up with a few kills. The only bad point was the player using an exploit that allows him to run at the speed of sound!! I hope they can fix it? It looks like he has a canister in his hand.

14. Fall-Of-Enosis

Ya should be mate. Let me know how it pans out!

15. Mysterio3

its not an exploit, you run faster with lighter weapons and the lightest weapon possible is the air drop beacon (the 4kill care package and 8 kill emergency airdrop beacon both work).

so you just need marathon, lightweight and commando, pull out the beacon and start running, give you like a 5metre lunge for the knife =]

16. George

George Retired Captain

Perhaps exploit is a little strong. But as sellfcon was saying, i don't think it was intended for you to run around with the canister all the time. He was very hard to kill and ended up top scorer every round. He may have been a very good player and still been top scorer using conventional weapons, but we'll never know. My ping didn't help as well. I was shooting him from about 20 meters in and not touching him and getting knifed. I'm only at lvl 10 so hopefully i'll be getting something to counter the speed soon.

17. Mysterio3

yeah, shotguns =]
    m1887 > everything

18. Fall-Of-Enosis

I just found a GREAT LOVE for the M1410A. Good stuff.

19. Pure Mongrel

A quick report on my experience of MW2 on 360 & PS3. (Take with a pinch of salt as only based on 2 days playing).

I played on three separate sessions, Morning, afternoon and early hours of the morning AUS Est.

I played the PS3 version for 60min, than the 360 for 60min at those times. All games were "PUG" as I wanted to gauge where the game thought a "good" session" was.

I found:

• Players "playing" across all times roughly 3 to 1 on 360 vs PS3.
    • Aussies do not host many games on either system or I rarely got matched with one. I only got on one "local" hosted game on each system @ early hours of the morning session. I came across no sessions hosted outside of North America or Australia.
    • Lag was equal for both platforms. When playing against local country players = Excellent (even with my dodgy ISP) and when playing American hosted = poor to below average. This did not make the game impossible to play, but you are at a very big disadvantage.
    • Both consoles suffer from no one talking during PUG matches, except for that annoying kid that won't "SHUT UP!" Thank dog for the mute function!

I was very happy to see that the PS3 boys are getting the same service as the XBOXers (although I don't think I will ever prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 controller for FPS ... just does not feel right to me).

I do feel this game is very unbalanced, especially for new comers, and it was obvious that IW has no real care / concern regard the player satisfaction of anyone outside of North America. I don't feel their matchmaking system works well. In many cases I got the impression I was put in a game to fill a hole as opposed to entering a game that was good for my connection.

My preference when playing this game would be to be part of an organized group. Teams that talked to each other and covered each others backs owned the battlefield and it was a lot of fun to play. PUG was no where near as satisfying, even if we won.

In the wash up, if I can only get PUG's, this game will end up collecting dust on my shelf. For individual players the deck is stacked against them with regards to the advantages higher level players have (although stealing their equipment perk is the best thing I have seen added to the series :D ).

At the end of the day, I think BF-BC2 will win out over MW2 for me, but that does not mean I am not eager to hook up with TOGers for MW2 :cool:

20. Mysterio3

but thats really the same for any game though, you always do better than have more fun in organised groups than in pugs. i rarely end up playing pugs cuz most of my online friends have one thing in common, elite FPS players. but the one bad thing is we enter games as a group of 6 players who have played together long enough to develop excellent teamwork so most times after one or two games, the entire opposing side would quit and we'd get stuck waiting in match making again. and yes that include opposing clan teams.
    so far, 46 is still my highest killstreak, trying to make it 50+ though