MOH : Airborne PC DVD

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Striket, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Striket

Striket Active Member

Just got it from the store today...couldn't find any other edition besides this. It comes in a metal casing and a limited edition parachute safety tag.

I apologize for the quality, it was taken with my phone camera.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

EB Games told me I only had a CD option :confused:
    ...no DVD version available

so what's it like?!? :D

3. Striket

Striket Active Member

I guess whatever you feel for the demo...you'll get the same when you play the full game. You're in a much non-linear environment thats all.

I like the fact that you dont start out single player in some boot camp learning the basics of moving and taking cover what not. The ''boot camp'' this time around is simply jumping out of the plane and landing where the green smoke are. Do it right and you'll get this.

[​IMG]

Don't think that multiplayer is ready yet...theres like couple servers out there but was unable to join due to version difference. Perhaps they are test servers?

Framerates pretty low sometimes...i was playing it with texture details and decals on high, model details on low and post-processing effects on off.

I'll jump in again with everything on lowest, hope i get some gain in framerates. For now, I need my dinner :)

4. Striket

Striket Active Member

Well after giving it a shot again and taking it down to 800 x 600 resolution with everything on medium settings...the visual i get was like i was playing on a nex-gen console. It was smooth at last.

The single player is great..and if i were to compare the experience to lets say Call of Duty 2...Airborne sure tops it for my case. Never have i felt the intensity of the battlefield to this extent.

Let me just say that nothing I say does justice to the game..you'll have to play it to experience it.

The only gripe i have of it..is the weird way the AI acts sometime. Nothing spoils the moment like a bunch of AI moving like robots. Luckily its just during certain times when they go all "roboty" on me.

5. Dars183

Dars183 Retired Moderator

Thanks Striket and others you lot have convinced me to D/L the Demo :D luckily my plan is just about to roll over and I have just enough quota left to get it :)

Cheers

6. Striket

Striket Active Member

If the demo is a blast for you and you want more of the action..you have to get the full game! ;) This is one game I highly recommend for single player. Haven't got into multi yet so i cant vouch for that. :rolleyes:

7. Arkon

Arkon Retired Captain

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  8. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

any australians been able to order the DVD version?

9. C4

C4 Retired Captain

I just ordered the DVD version from overseas, 40AUD including postage. should be here middle to end of next week.

10. Striket

Striket Active Member

Now that's a good buy...it's cheaper than what i paid for mine. I paid like 9AUD more after the currency conversion.

11. Chippo

Chippo Active Member

C'mon Striket !!!!

More Screenies & feedback !!!! :D

PS: pre-purchased at EB last week, but never thought to ask if DVD or CD :confused:

Also, he said BF2 comes with it as a free bonus

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  12. TJet

TJet Well-Known Member

13. sas

sas Retired Moderator

Will wait for MP before I buy it :)

14. Striket

Striket Active Member

Screenies well theres tons of that floating around the web :p Anyways screenies doesn't much sum up how good the game is.

If you would like to compare the single player to lets say COD2, I'd say Airborne wins it hands down. Maybe its the Unreal3 engine that's giving the game the correct atmosphere which immerses you into the battlefield.

It was fun using all the weapons and getting them up to their final upgrades. Nothing beats having a knife/bayonet melee from your Mp40 and your Trench gun!

Multiplayer is a long way to go since the dedicated servers arnt up yet. But what i dislike most is that you can't custom your name when you go into multiplayer. Its the same login id used for battlefield or need for speed games but you could still change to a custom name in the BF series but not for Airborne.

Well this game still need tons of patches before it goes good, much like all the ones out there which just got released.

If only theres a demo recorder built ingame, I could prerecord some gameplay before using fraps to properly capture into video. Its just way too hard to run fraps and play at the same time on my rig. :(

15. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

If I may ask, where are you shopping to get this price? Best I can find is AU$63 delivered from YesAsia.

It is at Zest for under AU$40 delivered but they won't ship EA Games products outside of Thailand ...

16. C4

C4 Retired Captain

17. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Cheers Dragonbait.

From the fact it is all coming from Thailand I wouldn't be surprised if the guy is buying from (or works for) Zest ...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  18. Odo

Odo Retired Advisor

How is the mp with this game? Are there many servers/people playing?

19. C4

C4 Retired Captain

just recieved it yesterday, MP prolly won't pickup until they release a dedicated server. The few times I tried joining a server it kept saying its full, go figgure?

20. Rog69

Rog69 Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to this one for a while but I'm stopping myself from getting it yet until I finish some of the other games I have on the go at the moment. Quick question for those that have finished it, How long is the single player game? Ive read a few comments that the game is a bit on the short side.