[MOH] sniping has ruined this game

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Redgum, Oct 31, 2010.

1. SJ777

SJ777 Retired Moderator

that's the cruelist avatar i've seen for a while:)

prob why i like it :p

2. BiG<sHaNe>O

BiG<sHaNe>O Well-Known Member

I am late to this thread but I feel exactly as Redgum in the beginning. This is my rant on the subject.
    I personally play for the enjoyment but I would be a fool to say I don't play to win. "I DO" . Everyone that know me within TOG knows I am a TEAM PLAYER and my KDR supports this.

When you are playing in a side that plays only for themselves "sniping" it makes the game frustrating to the point I quit and find another server or jump back to BF2142. Yes it's my choice but thats how I feel.

If the snipers covered you in the game so you could reach the objective or flag then it would be awesome . "BUT THEY DO NOT ".
    Team work
    I understand not everyone play the game as I do, but a game full of snipers ruins the game for me. Everyone has the right to rank that side of there player up but Its the most frustrating part of game.

Snipers are a useful part of any strat .....note the word strat

My personal fix the the snipers is " I HUNT THEM DOWN AND KNIFE THE BUGGERS EVEN WHEN THEY SHOOT FROM THERE UNCAP" IF THEY COMPLAIN I SUGGEST THEY DON"T SIT STILL
    Best so far is 20 snipers in a round....................

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  3. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

Yep just wish more player thought the same ...

Here is a prime example a whinger on EA forums complaining about how the game is ruined now because the sniper rifles have been brought into line he was put in his place once they posted his stats .. You only have to look at them to see how he stacked his cheap kills to get the kill streak rewards and did no objectives

Medal of Honor Stats - Stats Verse

4. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

I'm actually not trying to be a smart arse here but I am inviting those who are having any discontent with objective based missions and crap teams to join us in TS when you are playing Medal of Honor.

maddog2204 likes this.
  5. Bails

Bails Active Member

I have to back this up, all the battlefield guys know that 3 or 4 guys on co-ordinating on ts can dominate a server. jump on ts, get to know guys from different divs and have a laugh when we dom a server.

6. Binary-Ninja

Most of us also play other games and we know this ... but in some cases it really doesn't matter if you are on TS or not because the other clans or players use TS as well .. i have seen on many occasions coordinated clans who snipe as a team just so they can dominate scoreboard you cant play against that , you can use TS , you can play together but if you come up against a wall of overpowered snipers their is SFA in tactics that will get you through ..

The testament to how overpowered the snipers were is the simple fact it has now been nerfed big time and how many of them are whinging because they cant get cheap kills any more ... the game is now far more balanced and in the games i have played / seen today no massive scorelines of 80 / 3 ...

7. Genghoidal

Sounds like a perfectly legitimate strategy.... Sniping on defence... But that is the opposite argument of this thread which is about people (predominantly the attackers) not being aware or concerned with contributing toward the successful accomplishment of the mission.

I've had a great time playing this game with pretty good success in all kinds of missions. Usually on the front line assuring forward movement also. I feel like I'm trying to offer those people who are struggling and feeling dissatisfied with the gameplay some alternatives to improve their experience. As much as I do that there seems to be a lot of counter arguments and misunderstandings.

Until I see some of the people having issues or complaints join on TS and work together to improve your teamwork then I assume you're happy with the status quo. All TOGs are welcome to join and play with us in TS. Please do we need a few more to help us smash these fail snipers into the dirt completely.

You may want to read up on this too: Locus of control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS: 2 x smoke grenade at rifleman level 15.. it is pretty handy.

8. SJ777

SJ777 Retired Moderator

EDIT: oh one big delete :p

9. Binary-Ninja

It was a wall of snipers on either side Geng but doesnt matter at all now as they have left because it is too hard for them to rake up their easy kills / killstreak anymore dam shame the poor little snipers are upset :) .. and have no idea about that link just some Psycho Babble rant

10. unsub

unsub Well-Known Member

I got lost at the Karma Sutra part. Last time I tried that I had to be surgically removed from someone elses wife. :eek:

11. Rage

Rage Retired Moderator

*wanders in to thread. Sits down and starts munching popcorn*

Interesting topic :)

12. Binary-Ninja

It is okay as i am asking the players in each game are they missing the snipers :)

13. Ahrd3N

Ahrd3N Getting Started

Following up on the Kamasutra bit, I just thought that not having fun in a GAME because of a silly ratio (kdr not to name it) is just like not having sex because there are bigger d*cks in the world (except in my case of course) - totally silly and useless as an approach.

I like MoH and snipers won't push me out :p

14. Beavis

Beavis Well Torn Member and Previously Retired Captain

Coming back to the thread about sniping is spoiling the game,so if you are not a member of TOG(remember this is in the public forum) and not in TS you have just wasted nearly $100 on this game.

The same problem occurs in BF-BC2 .....no in game voip,the reason why games like BF2 were so popular was you did not need to be in a clan or have TS to enjoy the game.
    I gave up on BC2 in TOG because joining TS meant being in a channel with 24 other players...sure you can set up whisper channels.......why should I have to jump through hoops to enjoy a game?

and yes I have been using TS/Venti/mumble for many years now so I'm not whinging about having to use an external voip to in game voip

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  15. Binary-Ninja

Yep totally agree Beavis and why i don't use TS anymore myself the TOG TS is for talking to other TOG players ... but the game/s server has the general public on their as well so TS is pointless to them due to it being password protected ... Bascially our TS is just so we can chat to TOG players that would only apply if the rest of the server was TOG ..

In game VOIP to all players is what it is about this could solve the whole team loaded out as snipers by people using in game VOIP to say hey guys can we get more Spec Ops or Rifleman classes ... even the text chat seeing it last longer is better now because they generally get a chance to read what you type..

Why cant they get the in game VOIP working is beyond me as it has been around since BF2 days

16. choppa22

choppa22 Active Member

It might be that they don't actually want to get the VOIP working on this game and BC2 because they realise there are programs like TS around and it save's them the time and effort to set up.

We all know that they can certainly get it right as they did in BF2 and 2142, so they can do it must be that the just don't want to. Well that's the only thing I can think of anyway.

17. Binary-Ninja

yeah they forget the public servers don't offer TS or Clan server only offer TS to clan members like TOG .. The in game VOIP was designed so you can chat to entire team , make strats , let them know where the E is etc.. but if it isnt available for all it fails

18. Brit

Brit Retired Captain

BHD.... those were the days having t shoot 4 feet in front of the enemy.... oh the memories... must have put 1000+ hours int that game...

anyway back on topic... whilst i agree they are a pain basically every FPS will have the same problem.... learn to counter it. im agressive as a player and use bothsnokes nades i have and honestly dont get snipered that often. Even less since the patch....

Basically IMHO get over it. If you want to play FPS this matter will just keep rearing its ugly head...

as Geng said we all have a choice, if your playing in a poorly populated server leave and go elsewhere. Simple really.

19. Brit

Brit Retired Captain

i think you will find 99% of voip (TS) servers have public areas. In my time TOG TS is the only 100% private one i have come across.

sure xTR has private channels but we also prioritse our public area with channels for all current games in demand.

ts1.ugn.com.au:9987

An admin will have to register you so you can move around the public area freely.

We have 15+ playing pub MOH nightly.

20. Genghoidal

Yeap, I've been checking over there nightly also and encouraging the Tog guys to visit to keep a larger group together as much as possible, seeing non TOG guys cannot come the opposite direction