mortal kombat

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by SGTyogi, Feb 25, 2011.

1. SGTyogi

SGTyogi Well-Known Member

the new mortal kombat would have been the game to make me buy a console again but i read this

Bit of breaking news – word around town is that the new Mortal Kombat game has been refused classification in Australia, prohibiting its sale.
    It’s still unconfirmed at this stage, the classification board’s website has no decision posted for the game as yet.

2. Cindax

Cindax Well-Known Member

3. SGTyogi

that just sucks big time
    would there be any way to get it here in australia

4. Cindax

Cindax Well-Known Member

Well yeah of course it would I even suspect you would not be technically breaking any law if you purchased it from a store based outside of Aus.

FYI, the ps3 version has no region protection and the UK 360 version would be PAL compatible.

5. Rob.

Rob. Retired Captain

Yeah if it's true i'll just buy this from overseas....stuff the classification board.

6. SGTyogi

there trying for appeal
    and yes you may have neverf seen me b4 in this forum but if this does come out u will se more of me :)

Warner Brothers are seeking to appeal the ban on Mortal Kombat, with the Classification Board already given Mortal Kombat a “Refused Classification” rating due to its violent gameplay.
    At the same time we have We Dare for the Wii which has just been given a PG Rating, a game which promotes spanking, stripping and sexual partner swapping, although Publisher Ubisoft had recommended at least a M rating as the game is intended for an “Adult” audience.
    The Australia Christian Lobby has cried out that allowing We Dare through with a PG rating only proves the classification system is “broken”.
    This morning, Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment Australia said it has decided to appeal the classification that Mortal Kombat had received and refuses to budge in submitting a modified version of the game, because “that wouldn’t be Mortal Kombat”.
    “After reviewing both the game play and the Board’s original decision WBIE Australia believe the violence in the game is on par with numerous other titles readily available for sale in the Australian market, as such the company wants to exhaust all options to make the game available to Mortal Kombat fans in this country. An identical version of the game will be submitted for appeal.” – Warner Brothers
    The classification Board said that Mortal Kombat was refused classification and banned from sale in Australia due to its highly detailed violence, most notably the Fatality moves, in which players were shown “explicit depictions of dismemberment, decapitation, disembowelment and other brutal forms of slaughter”.
    Here’s hoping we get to see Mortal Kombat on Australian Shelves!

copied from 3fl news

7. urgal1

urgal1 Well-Known Member

Just get it from N.Z

8. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

I live in NZ!

I'll be happy to buy for any Toggers, just PM me :D

9. ozivillan

ozivillan Well-Known Member

10. George

George Retired Captain

I'm in and out of the UK every 6 weeks, so I could send copies to Toggers. I did it for a few people in L4D2 through steam when i was in the UAE.

11. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

Sad to hear the ban, I am downloading the demo as I watch anime, I'll let you guys know if it is worth it or not.

12. E5Ky

E5Ky Active Member

Has anyone bought a copy from overseas ?
    If so please do tell.
    And whats the opinion of the game in general? Is it all that and a bag of potato chips ?

I want to buy a copy as a birthday gift for Chronic..(I can say that cause he doesn't ever visit the forums.)

* I have a sister in London might ask if she can send me a copy just scared she might use the money to buy shoes.

13. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

Alright, finally played the demo.

Graphically, the game is great, Scorpian looks awesome, his new moves are pretty good too, and the game feels like playing the old MK games, with some great move additions.

Now not to rain on anyones parade, but, it also just isnt all that great compared to some other modern fighting games, like Dead or Alive, Soul Caliber, Marvel VS Capcom, the game play feels slow, old, and the animations don't flow together at all. At one point, I defeated someone with a uppercut, or some other move, that sends the enemy to the ground. He then proceeds to stand up, and then go rigid, and fall backwards. I know this may sound like nit picking, but come on, why did he have to get up, he already didn't have any health, it was over. Let the guy stay down. The over all (K)combat, just doesn't feel as exciting as the other games, feels very retro. Part of me enjoys the feeling of the retro gameplay, but I also feel that creating a new title, with new graphics, and new engine, and with the next gen systems, they are also ignoring all the blood sweet and tears people put into the current game market and are just re releasing OLD stuff with a shiny coat of paint in a failed attempt to hide its flaws of older years long since gone.

14. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

I hope you're trolling. You ever played a MK game before?

Never had high hopes for this though, MK was never that good and certainly hasn't improved over the years.

15. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

No seriously, Wasnt trolling, Thats what happened...I was totally like WTF...my friend was watching me play it too, I played MK II, MK I , and Ultimate MK III all on sega, or sega 32x
    and yes, i know non of them were that great either, but you would have thought they would IMPROVE over the years.

16. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

Oh yea, for anyone interested......MK online is only for those who buy the game brand new...or pay retarded money grubbing companies more money.......

Rumor: Warner Bros. joining 'online pass' camp with Mortal Kombat | Joystiq

Also, MK Is getting ahead of themselves with the release of DLC of two characters already...most likely they are on the disk already, you have to pay to unlock them.

Mortal Kombat's first two downloadable fighters revealed | Joystiq

Neither of which are anything super special......