NDA Safe - Exactly how I feel about TESO

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Asmodai, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/

Control-Alt-Del Tim Buclkley posted on Feb 10, 2014 an article on Cookies.

[​IMG]

'nuff said...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  2. Slider

Slider Well-Known Member

same

3. Sloffe

Sloffe Well-Known Member

Well I found that at first the cookies were rather bland but by the time I'd opened my third packet they were growing on me. Still though at $90 a packet I find the asking price high compared to other choc chip cookies. With some other brands coming out in the near future that could end up being better value I'll wait and see.

4. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is probably the first high profile MMO, in a long time, that I will not be jumping on at launch. I'm going to wait and see how it develops, reviews, etc.

5. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

I felt the exact same way. I could tell within minutes of tasting the first cookie that it wasn't for me. It tasted quite bland and I didn't like the way it crumbled.

6. Tachyon

Tachyon Well-Known Member

Too funny! I always try before I buy.

7. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

Wasn't too sure about the taste either to be honest. Maybe it's just an acquired taste? Luckily, I hear there is a new wild cookie on the way that may satisfy my taste buds.

8. Voxia

Voxia Getting Started

Unfortunately, whenever I see new cookies, I always buy them. I obviously have a problem with this because I bought a few limited edition box sets and the now sit in a corner, getting stale. Some of them have even expired.

At any rate, I bought this new set of cookies and I even got a free sample of some of these new wild ones. Guess I'm going to be eating both!

9. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

I had such a Pavlovian response to these cookies that I actually had to sit back half way through a mouthful and think to myself "Why the hell am I still eating these chunks of crap when I have an Assassin's Creed Key Lime Pie (good brand that... ;) waiting for me??"

10. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Heh... they said The Last of Us didn't really do anything new or revolutionary... pretty much every part of that game has been done before. They just did it in a way that people enjoyed. ESO seems like a place where people familiar with MMOs will have their familiarity, as well as a new story and world to explore, and a decent looking one to boot. I'm excited to play this game.

11. Azviel

Azviel Getting Started

There is nothing wrong with Granny's family recipe. Been around for years, but at least you know in advance that you will enjoy it :) Guess I'm just a creature of habit. I'll take a box of those Plz

12. Cahiry

Cahiry VR Crack Dealer Officer

So how do i put into words my excitement ? nope can't so

[​IMG]

Rickety likes this.
  13. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

I like these cookies a good deal. I have enjoyed some other cookies just as much in the past, but their flavours have gone rather stale for me over a matter of time. That's okay, because I have never found the ultimate cookie which I can eat year after year without getting bored with them.

With the new cookies, I don't think the recipe is absolutely perfect and one or two ingredients were not quite right, but the overall effect was pleasing. Whether I will tire of that recipe after a few months as I have of others in the past I don't know, but right now I would like to try them again.

14. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

I think the trouble is, a lot of people eat so many cookies that they are starting to get bored of cookies. They start wanting cookies to be something else, like cake, or a brownie. If a new cookie comes onto the market it immediately gets slammed because its not a cake or a lemon bar. These particular cookies are nice, with some subtle flavours that come out the deeper into the packet you go - but they are definitely, without a doubt, a cookie.

I've tried some other cookies recently, one tasted like those teething rusks very small children use, and the other, well, you smash it and it crumbles into small bits, but that's about all it does, so, personally, I'll be eating these cookies we are all talking about because they taste yum.

15. Samcharles

Samcharles Just Joined

When it comes to these cookies..I ate the cookies and the box! Moar!

16. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Captain

Darn this thread now I want cookies.

17. Dread

Dread Well-Known Member

I like Cookies, like really really like cookies. I've had many different cookies going back to my earliest days of cookie eating in the mid 1980's. There aren't many cookies I haven't had over the years.

For some reason, this brand of cookies, stretching over 3 earlier flavours and now this new one, have been the only cookies I have struggled to enjoy. I don't know what it is about this brand, and I have devoted a lot of time trying to acquire a taste for them, but ultimately after a few days, a week at most, I give up and enjoy other cookies instead.

They look like cookies, smell like cookies, have the pre-requisite choc chips etc ... but there is just something missing from them that other cookies have.

I want to like this new cookie ... but I found myself on Saturday munching on a cookie from a galaxy far far away about 4-5 hours after trying the new cookie.

18. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Moving away from the cookie metaphor.... the reviews done by the majority of media sites are based off the available content (obviously), hence most of the content has not been seen or has been reported on sparsely.

The First Few Hours Don't Tell The Tale - The Elder Scrolls Online - PC - www.GameInformer.com
    Read this review if you can. The author spells it out best. I will say no more because i will probably break the NDA......

btw... reviews from Massively are fairly odd.
    The Elder Scrolls Online beta is absolutely nothing special | Massively
    I understand the whole 'get someone who wont like it to try and like it' angle for a review but elder scrolls games are not for everyone. And yes, its an MMO so it should appeal to the greater online gaming community but seriously its ELDER FREAKING SCROLLS. Its part of a 6 or 7 game series that has a set style and feel to it. If it didnt feel like a skyrim skin on an MMO then it wouldnt be an Elder Scrolls game and we'd all be complaining about Bethesda media selling out the ES brand to make a WOW clone (a generalisation I know but you get the point).

Back to the cookies.... gimme more damn cookies !!!!

cookies.jpg

19. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

I too cannot say much because of the stupid NDA - but I agree, read this review.

This review says more about the reviewer than the game and quite frankly is an embarrassment to Massively. I have no problems with negative reviews, as long as the writer clearly explains and conveys the negative. This review is worthless trash - you don't need to have played beta to realise it. In fact, its not a review, its not even an opinion piece, its the rantings of someone who is either pissed off with Zenimax, or they stopped taking their medication.

20. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

some peeps prefer those hardcore cookies, that make you jump a lot and they like football cookies and cookies for tag team wrestling. That okay I don't mind those cookies either. However I like my cookies filled cream and froth, and the cookies I have had lately are going to give me a huge sugar buzz. These cookies make me want to find more cookies and make my own cookies. These cookies I look forward to, these cookies are the best darn cookies I have had in while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.