NDA Safe - Exactly how I feel about TESO

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Asmodai, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahiry

Cahiry VR Crack Dealer Officer

There is a blog from someone ( might have been the editor but not sure till I locate the link ) at Massively going on about how they got snubbed by Zen at one of the game conventions and they go on to say how Zen gave all the exclusives to Game informer and Massively got nothing etc....kinda gives some insight into the ESO reviews by them.

Trying to find the link, Found it

http://skycandy.org/2012/06/taking-us-for-granted/

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. Dread

Dread Well-Known Member

I lost all respect for Massively when they were shilling for Derek Smart and Alganaon or whatever that piece of tripe was .....

3. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

That one article is written by someone that never really enjoyed any of the elder scrolls series lol.

4. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Gamesinformer is a general gaming news platform. Massively is a dedicated MMO website. Gamesinformer gives the most coverage, whilst Massively will still cover ESO regardless. I feel their pain but its a bit much.

5. Cahiry

Cahiry VR Crack Dealer Officer

I find it hard to take any ESO review seriously from massively after reading that.

6. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Most reviews need to be read with a grain of salt. They dont see the whole game only a very small part and they base everything off this.

The launch + 1 month reviews will give the best picture.

7. BishopNZ

BishopNZ Well-Known Member

I have to say that I have liked the previous cookies packs in this brand of cookie maker.

When I started eating this particular cookie recipe I found it quite lacking and this took me by surprise. I was even going so far as thinking that when this cookie hits the shelves I would wait before buying.

However, as I progressed through the packs of cookies and got further and further into the consumption of these cookies I found they started to taste a bit better.

Then something happened and I found that after eating a certain amount of cookies, I was given the keys to a room where there were other people eating the cookies and we were all in one area glaring at each other as we continued to eat our cookies.

There was a bit of pushing and shoving as we kept eating, however this particular experience seemed to add a lot of flavour to the cookies.

So taking that into consideration, I probably will get this when it hits the shelves in the supermarket.....

And I'm glad it wasn't a cake.....we all know the cake is a lie!

8. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

I think that massive review is spot on.

His conclusion is a bit ranty, but any game design where you're given lockpicks and then told you you can't unlock something which looks like it should be opened by lockpicks is an example of terrible, terrible game design.

I realise this is a beta, and that art can change, but I would be screaming at the designers, artists and coders and testers for allowing that to slip into a game in the first place.

9. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or serious :) I hate the NDA. The reviewer states that they only came across 1 locked item in the game. I really hate the NDA.

10. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Speaking in "cookie dialect" I believe, is an intentional and manipulative manner to breach the NDA. After all, this cookie conversation is within this sub-forum and during a NDA beta testing time.

Reading and linking a legitimate NDA media release is one thing. We as TOG, who may have played this beta under the NDA are still bound to this agreement we made whether we agree or disagree with the article. last we have been advised the most we are able to say is whether we are in beta or not...
    This is far from from referring to all Toggers posting in this thread though it is for the few.
    /Stumbling off my mightier than thou soapbox. :)

Rourke likes this.
  11. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

I see your point, but the cookie-speak only implies whether anyone liked what they tried or not and doesn't give specific details about gameplay. You could easily infer the same from people saying whether they are choosing to buy the game and sub for the game at this stage, since many of the same people have already said that they are in the beta. I hope the NDA will be dropped next time they have a beta and we can then have some sensible discussions about our impressions of the game (of course respecting any NDAs which still apply to past betas).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  12. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Sadly, cookie time is over.

Stupid NDA :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.