Neverwinter Online - The Next Expansion

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Ninja Gizmosis, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Ninja Gizmosis

Ninja Gizmosis Communications Manager Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Only 6 days till the patch comes through!!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Wertez likes this.
  2. Ninja Gizmosis

Ninja Gizmosis Communications Manager Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG]

Before venturing into the realm of the Mad Mage, make sure to pick up your Undermountain Treasure Chest from the Rewards Claim Agent in Protector’s Enclave! This pack can be claimed starting April 23 until May 21 on PC!

Pack is claimable once per account and contains

Items and goods to help with campaigns

• Genie’s Gift x3
    • Limited Time – Free Stone of Health
    • Limited Time – 25% off any Companion
    • Limited Time – 10% off any Pack (excluding Delver’s Expedition Pack)

Items to aid increasing the power of your equipment

• Refiner’s Cache
    • Blood Ruby
    • Silvery Enchantment, Rank 7
    • Dark Enchantment, Rank 7
    • Azure Enchantment, Rank 7
    • Radiant Enchantment, Rank 7
    • Preservation Wards x5

3. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss Staff Member Moderator

I'm too little for an expansion!! I try to play...when I get 2 minutes to myself...my poor little guardian is only around lvl 15

4. Ebonytears

So many differences! Lots of changes to GF....sorry...Fighter. I got confused, this happens easily. Since I was still low level I just rerolled....again....this also happens easily :rolleyes:

Edit: this re-roll may take awhile. A tank who keeps forgetting her shield is no tank. So new class needed...we all know how this goes...

On the upside: they seemed to have simplified more of the skills and feats which is sort of nice. Takes away some choice but doesn't make me have to think so hard.

Edit 2: swapped to rogue, much happier. Although I somehow found myself tanking a boss and 2 adds in blacklake squirmish, only died once and someone was nice enough to rez me. I see they've now given the rogue the choice of stealth or ranged. There goes my combat rogue...oh well...I like throwing things.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  5. Wertez

Wertez Active Member

I know. I'm no longer a Control Wizard, just a Wizard.
    I will log in for the first time after the patch tonight. I've been on the road all week and I'm looking forward to not having to do the regular grind.

6. Ebonytears

Was a lot of talk in local chat at Protectors Enclave about difficulties tanking. Advice was - "forget pugs, stick with groups you know until they sort this out". Paladins seem to be doing ok. From what I understand the scaling is off in some instances, making them almost impossibly hard. Expect a post-expansion patch...or two...

Ninja Gizmosis likes this.
  7. ForrestGump

ForrestGump Well-Known Member

I took my lvl 61 Warlock into an Ebon Downs cave to finish a quest. I figured I could plow through and get used to the new mechanics as, has been said, things have greatly changed. I was surprised to see that all the mobs scaled up with me? Was this the way it was before? I don't remember this happening pre-patch.
    Also, I'm not horribly happy with my class changes.

8. Wertez

Wertez Active Member

I've noticed that the mechanics of my wizard has changed quite a bit. I'm not able to grind through as easily. Whether that's a scaling thing (because I do see that I'm scaled down - and up - depending on my location) or if it is the change in the new powers, feats, and boons.

I'm waiting to see what the min-maxers find out about the optimum stats. I have a feeling that I'm not geared right. I'm also wondering if the green gear received from Undermountain quest rewards are actually better, or if the gear score is just higher.