[DONE] New App, Old Gamer/New Dad

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Thakk, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Thakk

Thakk Getting Started

Greetings!

Just joined up and looking for a like-minded crew to game with long term. 43 years old and recently left the workforce to be a stay at home dad of two boys (1 & 3 years old, help me!).

Presently Playing:
    • FFXIV
    • GW2
    • Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
    Future Games:
    • New World
    • Star Citizen
    • MS Flight Simulator, once I can buy a GPU at MSRP.
    My first game on PC? Not counting a buddy’s Commodore 64… That would be Centurion: Defender of Rome on 3.5” floppy disks that I played on a 386DX 33MHz running Win 3.0. I was the first kid on my block that had 8 MB of RAM. The first game that hooked me as a PC gamer for life was Wing Commander, so please have mercy on me, I’ve given $1000+ to Star Citizen (but no more)!

I currently reside in sunny Southern California, and I’m online after 9pm PST.

I love hanging out with my neighbors drinking margaritas, playing the blues, watching the kids and the days go by with my wonderful wife.

Cant wait to meet you all and game!

-Thakk

Rukus308, Atrayo, Monty and 2 others like this.
  2. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

:)Well Thakk it sounds like this is the right nut house for you:eek: So....

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

3. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG @Thakk. Sounds like you have a pretty good life there in CA :)

Rukus308, Monty, CAMMO and 1 other person like this.
  4. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello Thakk and welcome to TOG.

I hope you enjoy your time here. :D

5. Moose

Moose Simulation Games Captain

Welcome Captain @Thakk. Look forward to seeing you in the sky's :D

Rukus308, Gilderan, Shrubbo and 2 others like this.
  6. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

Welcome Thakk to The Older Gamers and thank you for choosing our community of gaming lunatics.

I'm sure a young father going bald will fit in quite nicely.

Our community has been online since 2002 so aside the games coming and going out of style. We've gladly persisted giving a great rep to the older games at the expense of the teenagers, lol.

I'm Atrayo, the guild leader for New World fledgling game division in TOG for the US/EU portion. Please gain access to our Discord voice chat server where the bulk of our gaming goodness occurs for all timezones.

Also, our extensive index of game divisions will give a neurotic gamer an excellent case of vertigo. So otherwise enjoy at your leisure and please check out our New World private message board as well.

Have fun and cheers!

Rukus308, Gilderan, CAMMO and 2 others like this.
  7. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard Thakk, just wait until your kids get older and you have enough to form a small three man squad :D although my boys just seem to TK at the moment, they are still in training

8. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

"...I was the first kid on my block that had 8 MB of RAM..." - I'll bet your mum used to iron your school tie too! (big grin!)

...and less of the 'sunny' this and 'margaritas' that...some of us live in England (cold weather and warm beer!)

joking aside, lovely to see you here Thakk!

Kindest regards, Mike

P.S. Don't send Star Citizen any more money - send it to limey_mike@oldergamers.com (please don't - just buy yourself that GPU instead!)

Rukus308 and Gilderan like this.