[DONE] New Applicant: Looking to join the community

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Khaz Grey, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Khaz Grey

Khaz Grey Getting Started

Name: Khaz Grey (usually will have Grey somewhere in the name)

Future games: New World beta was fun and will be checking that out once it releases. Also going to be trying the Lost Ark and Elyon betas.

Current games: BDO but that is more on maintenance mode as I just log in for the daily rewards, Planet Side 2 but on current break, Deep Rock Galactic (For Rock and STONE!) and Sword Legends online but that is more dipping my toe in then playing seriously. Plus, a back log of steam games to get through (damn you steam sales!). Been enjoying the Ascent, trying to run through all the old Final Fantasy games (stuck on 2 as I fall asleep grinding stats), Mechwarrior 5, and just started Solasta: Crown of the Magister.

Hobbies: Gaming, Fishing, and whisky

So little bit about myself currently looking for a gaming community that enjoys a wide range of games and play styles. On the more casual side of things as I find my time and reflexes are not what they used to be. General play times are central time from 6pm to 11pm Monday to Friday with no real set times on the weekend. Never really had much of a chance to play any pen and paper games (always wanted too) but I did manage to buy a lot of books mostly enjoying the lore and world settings. Can't think of much else to say but if anyone has questions feel free to PM. Thanks

Rukus308, Atrayo, CAMMO and 2 others like this.
  2. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Hey @Khaz Grey, I have some good news for you...

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. You could already see this, the following is new)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From silly unicorns to horrific gun violence)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

:D

Rukus308, CAMMO, Monty and 1 other person like this.
  3. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello Khaz Grey and welcome to TOG.

I hope you enjoy your time with us. :D

4. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Welocome to your "new world":D

Shrubbo, Rukus308, Gilderan and 2 others like this.
  5. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

Welcome and Hello Khaz Grey to The Older Gamers!

Thank you for choosing our online gaming community having been around since 2002 with the original Sony Online Entertainment games of Planetside, Everquest, Vanguard, etc... Not to mention countless Battlefield and Call of Duty franchise iterations over these past 19 yrs.

I'm currently the guild leader for the US/EU NA East Coast server for our "New World " division.

There's some lite discussions going on about Factions and server selection. During the recent closed beta we played on Olympus as the Covenant.

I'm sure you'll get a hearty brain freeze from all the games TOG is into currently. Please check out our Discord voice chat server where most of the gaming hang out action is so far.

Cheers!

Shrubbo, Rukus308, Monty and 2 others like this.
  6. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard @Khaz Grey :D I never found the time to get into "Deep Rock Galactic" but it sure looks fun.

7. Khaz Grey

Khaz Grey Getting Started

If you ever want to try it out let me know happy to play it. Very chill game best enjoyed with friends but still fun on its own.

Monty, CAMMO, Rukus308 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gilderan

I only just bought it recently and cranked it up over the weekend. Great game but I do hate the rush back to the pod at the end of each map

Rukus308, Monty, CAMMO and 1 other person like this.
  9. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

Why Wisconsin?...well you did say 'if anyone had any questions'

What's the difference between Gaming, Fishing and Whisky? - you can have too much fishing and whisky! (and thank you for not spelling it whiskey...smile)

Brill to see you here mate and look forward to hearing more from you real soon.

Kind regards, Mike

Rukus308, Shrubbo and Gilderan like this.
  10. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

Who let Zooty out of his room again? Shrubbo toss me his room key to lock him in there with the goat.

Zooty has gone and posted all over the Barracks again. He'll scare away the new members. Lol!

Rukus308, Shrubbo and Gilderan like this.
  11. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

NO! - not the goat...not again!

"I must not scare away new members
    I must not scare away new members
    I must not scare away..."

12. Gilderan

*slow puts hand up

What have I done :) :)

Rukus308, Atrayo and Shrubbo like this.
  13. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

14. Richard McCraw

Richard McCraw Getting Started

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your reflexes, I take it you have been drinking the whiskey, your 43 !!!!!! Good god man your Just a baby get out there and kick some ass (I have been told that I can use the word ass!!) . What's with the exorcist goat ??

As for Zooty sorry bud if you can't tell the difference between fishing,, whiskey and gaming then I am afraid you have some serious issues (possibly toooooo much whiskey)