[DONE] New Application - Star Citizen

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Duke de Brah, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Duke de Brah

Duke de Brah Getting Started

Greetings Everyone:

My name is "Duke de Brah" or Jesse in the non-electronic world, and I'm very interested in joining the TOG. I happen to come across your Star Citizen organization page, and I knew that out of the thousands entered this was the obvious organization for me. I'm 43 years young, by the way.

1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG? Star Citizen, but I've played Life is Feudal, ArmA II - DayZ Mod, and DayZ. Chronicles of Elyria seems interesting, but I have not pledged any support for this.
    2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played? The Apple 2c (or something like that; the monitor-keyboard combo with a black screen and only green font), Commodore 64, and the Atari. I have never played any pen-and-paper type games.
    3. Why do you want to join TOG? Four reasons: (1) your organization shares a similar philosophy, as indicated in your guidelines, towards gaming as I do, (2) we're in the same age range/maturity level, (3) the games that I find most interesting need a cohesive team working toward an objective(s) vice the lone-wolf approach that I felt forced to use thus far in other games, and (4) you appear to have strong organizational skills. No other organization that I've found has all of these.
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. Well, I'm a casual gamer. I have been actively gaming for about a couple of years now and, at least until mid-2018, I plan to be active most every day. My family is in my home state of Texas, while I'm currently in the Washington, D.C. area on long-term language training. I'm a former active duty U.S. Marine Corps infantry officer (Happy Birthday to any Marines out there, and Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served). I'm currently in the Eastern Timezone (UTC - 5), but I will be in the Central European Timezone (UTC +1) starting in mid-2018 until about 2021. I'm a Texas A&M alum and I'm proud of my boys for stomping West Virginia in basketball this evening.

1. Are you applying for full TOG Membership? Yes
    2. Age Requirement Yes
    3. TOG FAQ No, but I'm happy to read it. For some reason, each FAQs link directed me to a nonexistent page. Please direct me to the location and I'll gladly review the FAQs.
    Many thanks!

2. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to The Older Gamers community for those who are 25+ and have a passion for gaming. Your application has been reviewed and approved.

You may now access all aspects of the TOG Service including:

• TOG member community forums
    • TOG member communications servers
    • TOG member game Divisions

Drop by the Lounge to say hello, join a discussion or simply lurk. Feel free to ask any questions.

Visit the Voice Communications forum for instructions on joining our GameVox and Discord Servers.

Browse through the vast array of gaming Divisions to familiarise yourself with the games and cultures. Each can be very different. In each Division you should find instructions on joining other TOG members in game.

Join our STEAM Group or Facebook page. Spend some time to check out the forum functions such as user profiles and private messages at the top right corner of the forum. Maybe view site leaders under the Quick Links tab.

We hope you enjoy the TOG community. Please spread the message to your friends and family who are also interested in gaming.

All the best!