[DONE] New chat buddies

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Richard McCraw, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Richard McCraw

Richard McCraw Getting Started

Hi folks, I am a 56 year old long time gamer who has managed to lose most of his old time chat and gaming buddies ( not playing anymore or passed on). I use the steam platform (have nearly 200 games, steam handle is NumbKnut) and have a wide and diverse game collection but prefer first person shooters current favs are zombie army 4, Sniper elite 4, COD, I also like games like Cossacks, Unreal, Quake and most of the Star Wars stuff.

I was looking for some new, like minded, chat and gaming buddies. I got back into the multi player scene but am finding the younger players to be a bit, for the want of a better expression, over enthusiastic, no team work or chat. When I do get them chatting they have no idea what I am on about (god I feel old!!).

The first computer I owned was the spectrum zx, then commodore Vic 20, the 64, Atari 520ste, I then managed to put together a Compac 286e which even had a colour screen, I scrounged most of the parts from college and my mates, my first pc game was Wolfenstein. That was it I was hooked.

So if anyone is interested, in chatting or gaming please get in touch.

Rukus308, Gilderan, Atrayo and 2 others like this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

I'm going to go out on a limb here because this looks like a join request but it was posted in the Contact Forum instead of the Barracks as these things usually are. So I;m going to move this thread there and leave a redirection where you initially posted and it will all be good.

Check in my linky thing below you will find lots of stuff and most importantly in your case how to get on our Discord Channel and there should be plenty of chat to be found there mate. Welcome to TOG.

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

Rukus308, Gilderan, CAMMO and 2 others like this.
  3. Richard McCraw

Thank you for your assistance, haven't used forums for a while, had no need, sorry to be a bother

4. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

All good mate, answering your PM now.

Rukus308 and Gilderan like this.
  5. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello and welcome to TOG.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us. :D

6. Richard McCraw

I will let you know once I figure out how to navigate all the information on this site information overload

Rukus308, Shrubbo, Gilderan and 2 others like this.
  7. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Hope we are able to scratch your itch, and you find the peeps to play with.:D

8. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

That's just plain spooky!...could be written about me...are you sure we're not twins that were separated at birth!
    Wolfenstein - BEST game ever in the whole world! HOO-FA-FA!
    the subsequent 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' was part of the reason I never had children - always telling the wife I'll be there in a minute!
    I'm sure I've seen you on Warzone but I'm taking a breather from that at the moment - fabulous game and great people but it just eats up whole evenings (smile)
    I need something a little more relaxing, perhaps animal crossing (yeah right! - only if they have an RPG add-on!)
    Glad you're here mate and hope we get to have a game or three real soon!
    Regards Mike

Rukus308, Shrubbo, Gilderan and 2 others like this.
  9. Richard McCraw

Hi there Mike, finally, a kindred spirit! I am pretty sure I would remember a twin but you never know stranger things have happened.

Wolfenstein, was one of the first games i really got into but that lead to Doom, Hexen, Quake etc this list goes on!

I really got into online games many years ago with Medal of Honour, then COD, my friends (when I had friends) and I used play online and in a league, but as you say, the time just disappears, many weekends were just gone. My, and my mates wifes, use to call themselves war widows.

It is possible that you have seen me in the game I have have the same handle, NumbKnut, since I started gaming.

I have to say animal crossing..... HELL NO!!! Could you imagine an predator let loose, actually sounds like it might be fun, might message the developers and see what they say?

if it is ok would you mind if i start a conversation with you direct?

Gilderan, Rukus308 and Shrubbo like this.
  10. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG buddy and don't forget to join the Discord server if you haven't already.

11. Richard McCraw

Cheers already done, however, still trying to assimilate all the info lots to look into :) am like the scruffy kid looking in a sweet shop window with my tongue hanging out.

Gilderan and Shrubbo like this.
  12. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard Rich :D plenty of FPS junkies in TOG, you should feel right at home

13. Richard McCraw

Put out a few messages just waiting for some contact

Gilderan, Shrubbo and Rukus308 like this.