New member knockin on the door

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by RCM, Jul 14, 2004.

1. RCM

RCM Just Joined

Thanks folks, I appreciate the comments.

I have read the FAQ and AUP. I was glad to read that cheating is not welcomed in the FAQ.

Also the AUP say 18 min age but elsewhere it says 25 is min age?

Ha, told you I read it lol.

Anyway I'm at work right now, no time for a better reply.

See ya later

2. RCM

RCM Just Joined

One thing I learned about mappin is you could spend 6 months easy on a map if you really wanted to. Depends on how much detail you want in it.

This was my first attempt at mappin so I kinda had to go through a lot of trail and error stuf. They don't give you a lot of help info in the software. I learned more from forums like this just askin questions and readin posts.

Does makes you appreciate the maps that come with the game even though some have flaws. I read somewhere they use something beside battlecraft to make the maps they give you on disk. Then they import them so you can run them with the games.

But then again you can download battlecraft for free and it does work.

Anyway if I can clue you into something I will. Had to get a tooth capped today so I'm a little out of it right now.

later

3. Flame

Flame Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG mate!

4. Chesty

Chesty Well-Known Member

You have teeth that can be capped. I thought you wanted to be in the older gamers. You sure???

5. Anz

Anz Retired Captain

Welcome aboard RCM.
    BTW good looking map...Even though I have BF:V. I just could never get into it... :)

6. RCM

RCM Just Joined

Thanks again folks. I know what you mean about Battle vietnam. It came outa the box with a number of problems, has had 2 patches so far, and everyone is tired of waiting on number 3.

I have a feeling there will be many more to come but if you look at the history of battlefield 1942, it has had quite a few updates as well. Many things were changed, changed back, tweeked, and on and on.

It's kinda like they say let's just get it on the shelves asap, and adjust it to what people really want later. I feel like a beta tester with vietnam lol.

The good news is 1942 ended up being very popular and still is. I hope vietnam will end up the same way.

Even with buggs at release time, there is a lot in vietnam I really like, the weapons, air lifting, 3d map, the jungle and a lot more.

My concern is they will put all their efforts toward battlefield 2 and will let vietnam go by the wayside.

I guess we will find out.

Battlefield 2 looks interesting, but also looks complicated. Hard tellin how long it will take to debug that one.

After buying vietnam on release day, and finding the bugs they didn't take the time to fix before selling it, I doubt I will rush out to bf2.

But then again the markiting blitz will be a big one I'm sure and hard to resist.

7. Xtreme

Xtreme Well-Known Member

Welcome,

If you ever get into SWG send me a tell. Im in OKC Oklahoma. God could it be anymore boring in this state?

8. StockMan

StockMan Retired Advisor

Welcome to TOG :twisted:

KEWL screenies 8O

9. RCM

RCM Just Joined

LOL, you live in Oklahoma by choice or do they make you live here? lol. Ah, come on now, it ain't that bad. Sometimes you do have to "seek" out things though. Seems like it anyway.

I got into photography a few years ago which gave me a good reason to go seekin. I discovered bald eagles winter here and that there are a few that stay here year round. If you've never seen eagles in the wild you should, it will change your life. Check out my home page in my profile if you wanna see a few hundred eagle photos.

One of your chaplins at Tinker used one of my pics for the cover of his sunday service handout. That was exciting for me anyway lol.

The panhandle of Oklahoma is a good place to see Golden Eagles. Called Black Mesa state park I think.

I also heard on tv that Oklahoma has more Bigfoot sightings than I ever imagined lol. Some news channel in a small town near you has done a running story on this for years I guess. First time I heard that I said really? Here? In Oklahoma? Bigfoot? Are you people on drugs? lol.

I havn't checked if there's a bigfoot hunting season here but it wouldn't supprise me. Probably have to get a permit. Walmart should have them lol.

There is an outpost near you in a state park that was Custers last command before he decided to ride up to Little Bighorn. He shoulda stayed and went bigfoot huntin.

One thing that always gets me is there "are" a lot of things going on here, but you don't hear bout them till after its over. I never did understand that lol.

By the way, I work for the company that builds the simulators at Tinker. Next time you get in one you can say "I know the son of a ***** that built this piece of ****". lol

For your next vacation consider Oklahoma... land of tornadoes, eagles, indian smoke shops and Bigfoot.

I hope they put Bigfoot on the Oklahoma quarter when it comes out lol.

10. Xtreme

Xtreme Well-Known Member

LOL!!! No i was stationed here by force and chose to by a house. Its cheaper here then in St. Louis. Its big and pretty but im just having difficulty adjusting to the OKIE way of life. I guess Im just use to organization. He He He

11. RCM

RCM Just Joined

What exactly is this "organization" thing I keep hearin about? Must be something to it.

It's a strange place, no doubt bout that. After time it kinda grows on you, but there isn't over the counter medication yet.

Keep in mind when you hear a tornado siren, that's the signal to go out on your porch and look for funnels. Try to get some upclose photos too cause we like to compare them to last years batch lol.

When things get to the point you can't stand it, get in yer car and drive north to Kansas. Spend a few days there and you will start to miss Oklahoma lol.

I can say this cause I was born and raised in Kansas and I earned the right to say it lol.

12. Xtreme

Xtreme Well-Known Member

LMAO funny you should mention the tornado sirens. There is one 100 yrds from my front door.

13. Belta

Belta Active Member

Welcome to the TOG Community :wink:

14. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Welcome!