[DONE] New member, not sure how to poceed

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by funkytwig, Aug 14, 2018.

1. funkytwig

funkytwig Getting Started

Hi, had a look at the forums and this seems the one for new members to post to.

I started gaming on a BBC Micro when all games were loaded from tape. My gaming in the last 20 years has been fairly sporadic but I recently got a PS4 and have been normally playing a few hours a day (sometimes a lot more).

What I am looking for is a couple of things.

Firstly to get general advice, for example I tried playing GFA5 and could not even catch up with the motorbike in the first real mission. Am I too old to drive;). Would like to ask this type of thing on a olders gamers forum as tend to get people saying thigs like Get Better At It, not very useful. Rwally want to have conversations with people in a similar boat to me.

I am also looking to get involved with some coop multi-player online gaming, think Destiny 2 is a good one to try?

Anyway a bit more background to show my (in)competence level. I finished The Last Of Us (although did have to drop to easy level twice). I also finished Horizon Zero Dawn (Probably took me a lot longer than others but as it allows you to level up with side missions its a great game). I have completed Uncharted 1-3 and am currently playing Uncharted 4. Liked Firewatch but not Heavy Rain (The way the story ended was abysmal and the controls clunky). I have played a bit of What Remains U+004ff Edith Finch (interesting but did not keep my interest). Also Gave Toom Raider Definitive Edition a try and got over 60% through (may come back to this).I tried Final Fantasy 15 and gave up as the characters were not doing it for me and the missions were boring me.

Anyway there you have it, all advice gratefully revived,
    Ben

2. funkytwig

funkytwig Getting Started

PS I am in the UK and currently can play any time (imea freelancer and not verry busy at the moment).

3. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkly Smile Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

I also am not sure how to proceed but somehow I ended up here proceeding with procedures :D

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

Welcome to TOG :)

Dolnor likes this.