New Member poida80

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by poida80, Jan 15, 2008.

1. poida80

poida80 Guest

Hello All,
    I just joined so here is my intro... :) My handle is poida80 which i got from Eric Banas character of the same name as my really name is Peter. I live in Brisbane. I've been playing video games for 25 years now starting with the atari and commodore vic20 when I was 4 and just can't seem to stop. :D I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed most systems over the years with the exception of only 3 that i can think of...My favorite types of games are ,well, just about anything really though i don't really enjoy rts as I find them far to involved these days and therefore not a lot of fun.
    Currently I pwn a 360, pc and wii, however I am going to start putting together a retro-console arcade in my home much to my darling wifes displeasure lol which is (hopefully) going to be all consoles from the Atari up. :p
    My current favorite games are Oblivion, CoD4, Any Spiderman game, Red Steel and the Orange Box

I heard about this site on Good Game and have wanted to investigate it for some time...i currently post on their forums (AllSchoolGamer) but wanted to post somewhere where people were more my age, who grew up with gaming, and hopefully therefor had a greater appreciation for them instead of just looking for the next big flashier title and completely rejecting the previous version because "the graphics were dated". Plus a relaxed place where I can play and enjoy games..the younger generation take it far far too seriously.
    However the 1 online exception I found was Team Fortress 2 because you can play in rooms where the score isnt added to your 360 stats so people seem to have more fun with it and don't care too much about winning or losing (i dont lose often but no score seems to mean friendlier comp.)

I have 2 fantastic daughters 5&11 who have both inherited my love of gaming(much to my darling wifes displeasure lol) and who both have some tremendous skill in their favorite consoles...my 5 year old is a made wii player and my 11 LOVES the old xbox and 360.

I'm glad to hear that 1 of the more popular games here is CoD2 cause I just recently obtained it.

oh and i guess for the mighty mods here:
    1. I am over 25 years of age.
    2. I have read the AUP & FAQ
    3. I have read the forum/server guidelines.

Well I hope thats enough info :)

Cheers,
    :twisted:poida80:twisted:

2. BattleScoob

BattleScoob Retired Administrator

Mighty Mods?? Lol.. :shock:

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organization.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 20,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers! :)

3. poida80

poida80 Guest

thanx

Thank you very much:D

4. ragittyman

ragittyman Getting Started

welcome to the zoo.
    beer and Bourbon on the right, hookers and crackers on the left enjoy!!