New Shooters??

Discussion in 'Free to Shoot' started by Ace Rimmer, May 30, 2015.

1. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Getting Started

Been looking for a new shooter for a while now but nothing has really caught my eye except maybe CS:GO. Anyone know of any forthcoming ones. I have a certain criteria for FPS games and only play with that criteria in place.

1.) Must have a sense of realism. By this i mean no stupid exo skeletons etc. Weapons and kit that are recognisable in real life. Definitely no mods that make your gun look like a guitar or something or stupid events with everyone wearing santa hats at xmas.

2.) Military style. No aliens, zombies or weird creatures.

3.) Game modes where you can join for quick games and instant respawns. Hate waiting until end of round before getting into the action again.

4.) No vehicles. Had enough of that in BF series.

5.) Not pay to win.

6.) Cheap if not free.

I used to love Combat Arms in its early days, still have a Maj3 char there. but it got full of hackers and became a total pay to win game.

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

3. Ace Rimmer

Both advertise as co-op based. I need some good single player moded stuff. Am online at weird times due to job and sometimes have to leave and do stuff in middle of fight etc.

4. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Survarium is still heavy in development but a shooter with promise. Be warned though regarding server locations! There are some toggers that get into AA:proving Grounds, I have never played it though.

If you want a good single player experience then check out Metro and Metro Last Light.

5. Ace Rimmer

Had a look at the two you mentioned. Bought Insurgency for £4.59 on Steam and love this game. Stripped back FPS, no pay to win and no fancy armour and weaponry. Can see me playing this for years to come. Oh and great community.

6. shadowrage

shadowrage Americas Army: Vice Division Captain

try playing Americas army proving grounds its almost everything that your looking for mate however it does only have the one life thing but you can be revived once and its a free game that will be free after beta is over so yeah give it a go

7. Mr. Brewski

Mr. Brewski Getting Started

I'll second this, Insurgency is an absolute blast to play and is only getting better. No HUD, no cross-hairs, no KDR. There is a healthy community, plenty of game modes and maps and some decent co-op (players vs AI) options for those rare times you can't get a multi-player game. It reminds me a lot of Red Orchestra 2.

8. LivnTheDream

LivnTheDream Just Joined

Insurgency

Mate give insurgency a try. I have only been playing 2 days and I love it!

9. Ace Rimmer

Am playing insurgency alot now. Anyone else who is feel free to add me in game for a bit of teaming up. My IGN is DESERT-RAT

10. yobbopilot

yobbopilot Just Joined

Hi i am very soon releasing a unity mp fps game crossed between call of duty and vietcong.
    Diggers at war
    It has ctf dom tdm ffa game modes.
    12 maps with jungle - urban - outback - beach.
    Slide show and beta at Diggers at war
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. GU55I

GU55I Active Member

Hi

Currently playing Dirt Bomb (steam release) finding fun quick and fast passed objective based