[DONE] New to Australia (Dota, CS-GO, PoE, Ark)

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by TundRa, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:28 AM.

1. TundRa

TundRa Getting Started

1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG? I play a variety of games and am wanting to get back into Dota (Legend VI), CS-GO (Double AK), Path of Exile (since Harbinger), Ark Survival Evolved (800+ hours), PubG and Apex Legends.
    2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played? I have been building my own rigs and playing on them for over 15 years (I am currently 28).
    3. Why do you want to join TOG? Looking to party up with people, have fun and make friends. Have recently moved to Australia from South Africa and all my online mates are 8 hours behind making it impossible to find a time we are able to both accommodate.
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. As previously mentioned, I have been playing games for many years, both offline (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Witcher - Battlefields, Call of Duties - Starcrafts, Diablos, C&C - NeedForSpeeds, etc.) and online on both PC and Console, when in my younger days I used to compete in tournaments for both CS-GO and Dota. Because I have recently immigrated to Australia I am looking to find the community of like minded easy going gamers. I am generally on most evenings and weekends while balancing time with Fiance. I work in a busy IT consulting company but feel I am still able to have a healthy work life balance and am wanting to join a community of like minded people.

2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

8 hours behind? That has to suck but lets see what we can do about you making some new virtual mates ;)

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)