New Unreal Tournament

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Giygas, May 4, 2014.

1. Giygas

Giygas Just Joined

2. Chrisau

Chrisau Retired Captain

Awesome! If there is any game that really hits home it's UT99! I have been playing it since it came out, ah the nostalgia. Very excited for this.

In addition: I did some searching and have found that there is an open source project called "Open Tournament" that will be community built in Unreal Engine 4. Epic has given their blessing on the project too so may be related to the announcement. They have a pre-alpha playable release already (about a month after announcement). You can download it here;

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?4220-Open-Tournament-Pre-Alpha

Once downloaded and extracted, go into the Binaries folder and open the .exe file. Very exciting stuff!

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  3. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

w00t!!!

Shock combo time is a good time!!!

4. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Holy crap!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?4474-The-Future-of-Unreal-Tournament

5. Chrisau

Chrisau Retired Captain

Yeh I stayed up until 4am to watch the Twitch announcement haha. This is awesome, with the community involved it will make sure that the new UT is exactly what the community wants, as UT3 didn't go down too well I don't think?

Will be watching this very closely, and contributing on the Unreal forums!

6. JJ

JJ Retired Captain

Looks like we're getting the band back together, RnR :D

7. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Nearly 10 years JJ... it will be a rusty band :D

8. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

:bighappy:

9. Chrisau

Chrisau Retired Captain

I'm thinking about the idea of getting some sort of group together in preparation of the new UT, but also to play some of the classic UT's in the mean time. Maybe have one night each week where we get on game and Teamspeak for some matches. Would also look at the idea of possibly having our own server if appropriate. It would be a long term thing that will build up over time as I would work to bring new members on board. I am thinking of maybe making a TOG division, as opposed to a seperate entity altogether.

Would there be any interest in TOG for it?

10. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Sure!

Which ut should we 'standardise' on?

I have both ut2k4 and ut3. I would love if we could settle on ut2k4... but only because I know it works on Linux, and thats my main system these days :p

But I know some diehard ut99 players didn't take well to ut2k4 when it was released and may prefer ut3, if not ut99. Not sure if there are any present here?

Maybe start a new thread Chris on this (and leave this one to UT4 news) since you floated the idea first :D

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  11. Chrisau

Chrisau Retired Captain

Sure will definately look into putting something up, or contacting admins regarding this in the near future

12. Chrisau

Chrisau Retired Captain

Ive put forth the idea to TOG admins as of today and will keep yas posted with their thoughts

13. Chrisau

Chrisau Retired Captain

A TOG Public Forum has now been setup for UT to get a group going again, will be a lot of fun. Check it out here;

Unreal Tournament (Public) - The Older Gamers Forums

As for which to standardise, I reckon we let members play whatever one they want, and accommodate for all (set up events for all etc.) That's the initial idea, but we can discuss in the UT forum now :)