No more Xbox for me!

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by oldskool, Apr 3, 2010.

1. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

Well my 2nd Xbox has died. I've decided to not give Microsoft anymore of my hard earned money. Microsoft knows they have major design flaws in the Xbox. Yet they do nothing except extort more money from their customers for a fix that if your lucky will last a year at best.

So long story short I wont be back on Xbox/live. I'll be canceling my subscription this month. When I do decide to return to console gaming, it will be on the PS3. Sadly this will be quite some time before I decide to jump in that pool.

Just wanted to let you guys know. It's a real bummer as I've made some great friends on Xbox over the past 5 years. I just cant justify supporting a company anymore that could give a shite about it's customers.

It's been fun all. Hope to catch you guys in another game, at another time, on another system.

Cheers,

2. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

As I read this my first response was "Say it isn't so!" but I understand your reasoning.

Mate you will be missed online, but you can always catch up with us here on the forums :D

I for one look forward to the day you make it on to the PSN ;)

Stay safe mate! :D

3. oldskool

I look forward to the day too mate!

4. CAMMO

CAMMO Great bloke ... Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Come back to the PC, skool you know that the graphics and game play is so much better.:D

5. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

Sucks but understandable :(

6. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

The dark side calls to you my learned friend. Come and join us. Resistance is Frutile.

7. Pure Mongrel

We will as assimilate your fruit! ;)

8. michael617

michael617 Just Joined

Well that does suck - understandable though.

9. oldskool

yea it really does suck. I'm still really torn about leaving xbox. Right now I'm just doing a lot of model railroading. Playing Freelancer again on the PC. That.s about it. Haven't really been doing a lot of gaming. I'll be sure to still pop in to say hello and let you guys know what I'm up to!

Cheers,

10. Pure Mongrel

Make sure you do! :D

11. CAMMO

ever thought about playing Combat arms again mate?

12. rokaan

rokaan Active Member

All I can say is what do you expect of a micro$oft product?.

I have all the playstations and have had no problem with any of them what so ever.
    There are a few gripes which I have and they are, the price for the system when it first comes out ( I never purchase until the price comes down ), and the game save compatibility between the systems ie ps1 - ps3.

I have heard numerous horror stories about the xbox line.

Oldskool maybe you can sell you xbox games and recuperate some money and then invest in a ps3, I am sure you won't be disappointed :).

I think most gamers have a console and a pc these days and have games for both, as some game genres are better on one platform than the other.

It is funny when you have a game port from a conole to the pc and they leave the console hints in the pc version. One game comes to mind and that was Clive Bakers Jericho, I finished it, then got a trainer for it and it was more fun with the trainer the second time round :), less frustrating.

One bitch though is that console games cost more than their pc counterparts.

--------------------------------------
    Guild Wars:
    Arack the Bold W/R 20 : DP
    The Sandgroper N/E 20 : SS
    Abigail E/Me 20 : MoM

Games currently playing: (PC) Bioshock 2,Aliens vs predator, stalker: COP,BF:BC2 (PS3) Darksiders,Bayonetta, FF XIII, Wet.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  13. Ancient_One

You know I would have agreed with you on that one but I noticed recently on a visit to EBGames that they were charging $109 for Battle Field Bad Company 2 for PC and it was selling for the same aount on console.

The expansion to Dragon Age was $10 cheaper on the PC thought.

So I guess it depends on the game and their profit margin.

14. oldskool

@Cammo no mate no more FPS on the PC. I'm in to process of re-building another box for me. But I don't plan on making it a high performance gaming machine.

@ Rokkan I plan to sell what games and stuff I have for the 360 and put that into a PS3 fund. Sadly money is more than tight right now, and it will be some time before my wife will even let me look at a PS3. :)

This is the real problem! To tell you the truth this has got me so upset that I'm actually considering NEVER giving Microcrap.....err I mean Microsoft anymore of my money. I'm seriously thinking about making the move to a Mac! And just keeping the one rebuilt PC around for surfing and music and whatnot.

And hopefully a PS3 for all my serious gaming. :)

"You do it to me once....shame on you.....do it to me twice....shame on me"

Cheers,

CAMMO likes this.
  15. CAMMO

:bigcry:sad but understand, you have got to play on what you like best and have more fun with.

16. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss Staff Member Moderator

*clears throat*

This is a terrible situation and I can understand how upsetting it might be for you.

*looks around nervously*

Might I *cough* suggest that maybe ps3 isn't the way to go.....I mean have you ever considered *shuffles feet* the ....uumm...Wii?

I know it's not your hard core gaming console! I do understand that....but...well...omg they are so much fun!!! You just can't 'get into games' the same way on other consoles as on the Wii. And when was the last time you went to the doctor with a shoulder injury that he thought you'd got playing netball when you'd actually done it playing on your Wii???!!! Come on now...admit it....the Wii has got you curious. And the fishing games with the actualy rods are epic!!

17. WickedWookiee

WickedWookiee Getting Started

I'm on my 4th Xbox 360. Luckily they were all covered by warranty. This one sounds like a helicopter taking off when it first starts up. But after a few minutes everything is fine... :confused:

18. rokaan

rokaan Active Member

Imho the ps3 is also a blue ray player , you can install another system on it such as Linux which is way better than micro$oft ( Sony does not discourage it), you can of course play online ( although I just use it stand alone)
    It is also a more mature system than it's counterparts, it will also have a longer life cycle.

I think Wii is more gimicky than the handheld games you used to be able to buy, the selection is also limited, you have to buy extra accessories, you also need more room, a problem if you have limited space.

If I wanted to play tennis or ten pin bowling I'd rather do it for real and have more precise control.

You need to have a system that you can still use in 10 years, not one that will be put in the back of the wardrobe and forgotten.

I like to have a system that has dual purposes.

@Oldskool yes sony products are always more expensive, I usually waitied awhile until they came down in price ( I was lucky, I received some gift cards so it knocked a few hundred off the price of a ps3 :) ), but don't upset your spouse by paying too much or you may be sorry :).

--------------------------------------
    Guild Wars:
    Arack the Bold W/R 20 : DP
    The Sandgroper N/E 20 : SS
    Abigail E/Me 20 : MoM

Games currently playing: (PC) Bioshock 2,Aliens vs predator, stalker: COP,BF:BC2 (PS3)
    Darksiders,Bayonetta, FF XIII, Wet, Just cause 2.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  19. Ancient_One

Not anymore mate.

Latest firmware stops this or you could just not install the new firmware.

Also this could only be done on an older PS3 not the new slim's.

20. CAMMO

*You need to have a system that you can still use in 10 years, not one that will be put in the back of the wardrobe and forgotten.*
    quote from rokaan
    So your saying nintendo machines aren't played Ten years later?:confused:
    Well I know quite a few people that still go and play the old NES system and that dates before 1990's :mad:. was and is still one of the better game play systems going. just graphics outdated:(