No more Xbox for me!

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by oldskool, Apr 3, 2010.

1. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

Well first I'll say I had a Wii and sold it months later. Wii is a system you either love of hate. Just not my cup of tea. I love Nintendo and give them all the props they deserve.

Now, I'm thinking along the same lines as Rokaan. In the terms about having a system that will last a long damn time! When I hear comments like I'm on my 4th Xbox.....it's just sad.

Biggest problem for me is I have been online with an Xbox since they first came out. All my friends are on Xbox. If I make the switch to PS3 then I loose a shite load of people I've gamed with over the past 7-8 years! Some of my friends don't want to make the move or simply can't.

I really hate this bullcrap. I either continue to support a company that is selling a system that will last 2 years at best. Stay with all my friends and have a hell of a lot of fun.........................or...say I'm sorry to all my friends and not support Microcrap anymore. Buy a PS3 and have only a few friends on PN.

So all this boils down to is I haven't made up my mind as to what I'm going to do yet.

Thanks to all for their opinions and responses.

Cheers,

2. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss

Awww that just suks :(

I agree about the wii. I love it for doing silly stuff with the kids but for serious gameing or fps etc it just doesn't quite do it. I still try to convert people though. People always laugh when they play the wii :p

May need to boil things down to a 'what can I afford' situation. Can you afford to keep replacing the xbox? Is it truely worth it?

Hard decision to make:(

3. YellowMegaMan

YellowMegaMan Just Joined

Rumour has it that Microsoft are developing an XBox 360 "slim". If this is true, being a redesign of the console, Microsoft would be focussed on fixing the red-ring issues that have plagued the original console.

It might be worth watching and waiting for this, rather than investing any more money in the current models.

(Of course, it might not be true. But leaked pictures of the "slim" motherboard had no ports for memory units, and Microsoft just added support for standard USB flash drives. Coincidence? We'll see...)

4. rokaan

rokaan Active Member

@Ancient_one:
    Yes I have the older PS3, I use the PS3 standalone ( It is not on my network) so I am still able to install Linux on it :).

@Cammo: Compared to the whole world gaming community, yes.
    I still use my C64,Amiga's,and older server pc's that have Unix sys5 and the install flopies and tapes, I like to play games on their native platforms, otherwise I will have to bear with an emulator version.
    I have all the playstations.

How many people still own all the systems they have ever had?, and not sold them, you won't find too many shops these days selling C64,Amiga software, hell, not even ps1 games except maybe gametraders ( not C64 or amiga), but I am in the minority as I tend to be a hoarder when it comes to computers and their software.

--------------------------------------
    Guild Wars:
    Arack the Bold W/R 20 : DP
    The Sandgroper N/E 20 : SS
    Abigail E/Me 20 : MM

Games currently playing: (PC) Bioshock 2,Aliens vs predator, stalker: COP,BF:BC2 (PS3) Darksiders,Bayonetta, FF XIII, Wet, Just cause 2.

CAMMO likes this.
  5. Ebonytears

C64 *gazes off into the distance* I worked after school and weekends picking and packing table grapes for my parents so I could buy my first ever C64. My parents refused to pitch in one cent because the said it was a major waste of money....then they brought me the hobbit game for it :p I loved that thing.

6. DarkMerlin

DarkMerlin Getting Started

I must say this is why I love BestBuy and their extended warranties. I had my first xbox die on me well past the microsoft warranty so I turned to BestBuy and they said bring it in. They do what they call a rapid exchange where they take yours send it out to microsoft and send you a refurbished one within 2-3 days. I lucked out though I had bought mine before they started the rapid refund and because of that they were able to give me a full refund on the system which was $100 more then it is now so I bought myself another elite and made a profit off the deal lol.

I highly recommend to anyone with a bestbuy near them if you are replacing a xbox and want a good covered warranty get it through them.

7. dkong

dkong Just Joined

My 360 has been repaired once under warranty. I don't think I would pay for another one at this point. When this one dies, I will either just stick with the Wii or maybe buy a PS3. I like a lot of the things Microsoft has done lately (cheap or free software for students especially, and win7 is actually a great OS), but the lack of any reliability of the 360 is just inexcusable.

8. Scratches

Scratches Active Member

[​IMG]

Ah, sweet memories...

9. Ebonytears

omg!!! That is ....that is just awesome!!!

10. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

Hey Scratches ... Wizball FTW! :D (But I was always that damn cat ...)

11. Scratches

Scratches Active Member

FTW indeed. :) (In cause you haven't figured it out, I love making these things. :) )

[​IMG]

(oh, and apologies to oldskool for hijacking his thread. :D )

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  12. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

LMAO digin this on back up from the grave huh? Well I'm back Scratches!! ready for a game of gold when you are mate!