North vs South

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!' started by patrascu88, Mar 25, 2015.

1. patrascu88

patrascu88 Just Joined

I am looking after a hex strategy game named North vs South . I played a demo back in 1997-1998 . It was the first mission of the game . But today it seems that the game vanished . Someone remember it ? It is posible to find it somewhere ?
    Thanks.

2. any1seenjoe

any1seenjoe Division Vice Captain for Minecraft Division Captain

not sure where you could get it. I do remember having this game on the amiga long ago

3. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

North & South, mb?

4. Schizo

Schizo Well-Known Member

The most cursed sports city in the US: Buffalo, NY
    North & South did have a release on the NES. However, it is one of the more rare games for the system. You could pick up just the cartridge only for around $25, but the boxed version is much more difficult (and pricey!) to come by.

I can't say much for the other platforms though, not my area of expertise :)

5. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

Why did you go NES with this one, Schizo, esp given '97-'98? I'd be surprised if it was the Amiga game at that time either...

6. Schizo

Schizo Well-Known Member

The most cursed sports city in the US: Buffalo, NY
    North & South had a release on many different platforms - including the Amiga and the NES.

North & South (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While this may or may not be the game in question, it certainly sounds like it might fit the bill.

I only defer immediately to the NES version because consoles are what I know when it comes to retro gaming. :)

7. jason591

jason591 Just Joined

They released a new version on steam. I bought it but its kinda sucky they sucked the life out of it!

8. Agathosdaimon

Agathosdaimon Just Joined

It is an obscure one but i like it - you are referring to the iMagic game North vs South, which you can find on ebay. I have bought a copy of it from ebay myself and i have it running on my windows 7 laptop without issue, but it is better to run it through win95 installed in a dosbox configuration

Overall i like the game, its probably not an accurate representation of how civil war battles were fought as it all looks too regimented, more like they are fighting under frederick the great, but its still fun and challenging