NWN, who's playing it and on what servers?

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by SilverDingo, Sep 24, 2004.

1. SilverDingo

SilverDingo Getting Started

Just wondering if anyone is playing NWN online these days (doesn't seem to be much discussion on here about it). I normally play on the Internode servers, they have their own version of the Nordock mod called Edon. Three servers, large worlds and lots to do (although servers can be a little unstable at times).

2. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

I am thinking of getting back into it after farcry to get ready for D&DO, but not sure yet...

3. SilverDingo

Warbear do you run a private server for NWN or do you just play on public servers?

4. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

Private

Well we did - was about to start mine up again once I finish Far Cry.

5. Jero

Jero Well-Known Member

I have just registered and will definitely be interested. Our flash expert at work does some work on one of the Internode servers and he got me interested in it. Just got my expansions last week and am ready to go. Been playing the single player campaigns so far.

Edit: change 'it' to 'he'

6. SilverDingo

Jero, don't forget to get the Community Expansion Pack (CEP) so that you can play on the Internode servers. I believe that the pack can be downloaded from Internode's file servers.

7. SilverDingo

hmmm, this is one very quiet forum. I guess NWN is not that big a ToG game. Pity as it would be good to get a regular group together to adventure on the Internode servers once a week.

8. Jero

Jero Well-Known Member

hehe....I need to access my Netspace email address to activate my Internode forums account and have been too lazy to contact NS to find out what my password is (my wife threw out the piece of peper I had it on). As soon as I have my password, probably Tuesday, I will be on and having a look around.

9. morte

morte Well-Known Member

I occasionally play now but mainly just single player and modules i download from Neverwinter vault. Used to play with Warbear and co (Eye of the Beholder module - lotsa fun (well except for my constant dying lol)) but I have just never been able to get into these servers that GA and internode run - Nordock and the like - seemed way to hard to get anywhere - could not really work out what I was supposed to do - never had and money - could never get good equipment - dying in game was basically the end of my character - ack! (may have changed a bit these days)...

10. Toker

Toker Getting Started

I play NWN but mainly on Gallows Bird a persistent world can be found under the RP section om gamespy

11. Lythe

Lythe Getting Started

Is it worth buying the Platinum version of this game now? It has all 3 in one box, seems like good value and I've heard it's quite a good game - not too sure how many PC's can be on screen at same time though.
    Or am I too late with little community interest in it now?

Thanks.

12. Masque

Masque Getting Started

I have this and play it. I have been involved in a campaign which met on Tuesday nights (Tuesday Night Westgate) but it seems that campaign is falling apart. Two of the 5 players were military and recently deployed and one of the three DM's who hosted the game had a hardware crash. :( So I'm not sure what the status of this is.

A great site for finding games is Neverwinter Connections if anyone is interested. On another note, if anyone is involved in any campaigns and looking for more, I know me and at least one other guy I know would be interested...

13. PureKrome

PureKrome Active Member

SilverDingo, i've started playing on the AUSTRALIS server .. i started the game up .. jumped onto the internet room and did a sort by, by users and ping .. this AUSTRALIS one came up first.

it's the main aussie one.

when i get around to getting some free time i'm going to try and grab some of the d00ds here (RT!!! YES THAT'S YOU !!!) and try and organise a regular night once a week thingy.

... that's after i move house in a month.

my name is Krome Eaglefoot fyi.

14. Jero

Jero Well-Known Member

Good to see. I just got the new PSU for the PC so I will be re-installing NVN this week. Will hopefully be on and playing the on Internode server by this weekend.

15. WychFynder

WychFynder Just Joined

Im an unashamed power gamer on NWN - playing the action server Bardo's Epic Path Of Ascension (levels 1-40) from time to time - which I am also a contributor (builder) for, although WoW has now taken over my life :lol:

Pop in if ya get a chance, and drop my name and get a very warm welcome

Wych 8)

16. MightyAphrodite

MightyAphrodite Just Joined

If anyone's interested in playing on an NWN Persistent World

There's a great group of mature gamers that have created and play on a server called Argyle Online. It's worth a look at.

Here's some information below for anyone interested.

A Thirst for New Blood:
    Argyle Online Invites New Players to Explore The Land of Argyle

Argyle Online (AO), a premiere Neverwinter Nights Online persistent world, celebrates its fourth anniversary with a call for players, new stories and new blood. Players who thirst for new adventures in a history rich, quality role-playing and exciting persistent world need look no further.

Developed in partnership with Silver Oak Studios (SOS), AO utilizes core SRD 3.5 rules with aims to emulate as closely as possible the Pen & Paper d20 experience of SOS’ Land of Argyle for CRPG Neverwinter Nights. Initially created as a roleplayers’ campaign environment strictly for DM led campaigns, it has grown into persistent world focused heavily on role-playing, where players can live out their characters’ stories and where DMs continue to lead unforgettable campaigns and quests.

Providing the next best thing to Pen & Paper gaming for tabletop and role-play enthusiasts, AO offers unique gaming experiences including over 25 gorgeous areas, the highest calibre in role-players, DM led quests and campaigns, and an upgraded NWN game engine to support core SRD 3.5 rules: all based in the detailed world lore of Silver Oak Studios’ campaign world, The Land of Argyle.

Argyle is a harsh land of mystery and survival with a rich history, where magic is feared and the relations between the various races range from careful friendliness to outright hostility. The land is recovering from the tyranny of magic wielding Human Mage Kings who enslaved the other races for their own purposes. The Mage Kings brought a plague upon the people through their magical carelessness, decimating most of the land’s population. Arcane magic and those that use them are outlawed, hunted and slain. The Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings were freed from their servitude and each retreated to their homelands with distrust of outsiders and breeding intense racial hatred towards the Humans.

Players begin their journey in the market town of Unidan where the town council and guards are tainted with corruption and its sewers crawl with stirges, rats and snakes. Temples to Argyle’s Pantheon provide healing and services and commoners offer rumours and advice to those that listen carefully. Beyond the town’s gates lie dangerous areas of goblins, gnolls and orcs. But respite exists at the Crossroads, where players can often meet with other adventurers and party together. Death is harsh and permanent in AO and monsters here are crueller than the landscape and relations between the civilized races. Lone adventurers should beware and are advised to join with others as heroes and villains are not the only ones with a thirst for blood.

Launched in June 2002, Argyle Online is arguably the first Neverwinter Nights persistent world and has been active ever since. The server features a unique and exciting role-playing experience based on Silver Oak Studios’ Land of Argyle campaign setting and employs core SRD 3.5 rules. With over 490 registered members on its forums, Argyle Online is a community that embraces new players and encourages excellence in role-playing, storytelling and, above all, fun. Visit the Argyle Online forums at http://www.lonerhino.com/argyle/ruminations.

Silver Oak Studios is a d20 publishing company dedicated to creating some of the most unique and inspiring campaign settings, adventures and supplements. Current projects are based on The Land of Argyle, a low-magic roleplayer's world which has been in development since 1999. Visit Silver Oak Studios at http://www.silveroakstudios.com.

For more information and how to join Argyle Online, visit Argyle Online’s Frequently Asked Questions page at http://www.lonerhino.com/argyle/revelations, or contact Garrett at leeheisey007@hotmail.com.

###