[DONE] Obligatory Posting

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by motoafro, Feb 19, 2010.

1. motoafro

motoafro Getting Started

Greetings one and all.

Just a quick note to say hi and to introduce my self a little, I first started playing MuD's back when monochrome was all the rage and commands were simply "look tree" or such goldies as "walk north 20" I had a Hanimex console back in the late seventies and finally graduated to the big league with my commodore 64 complete with tape drive in the eighties...
    But real MMORPG really only came alive for me in the 90's with Ultima Online... I played on a 33.6 dial up modem and in my first month of playing I racked up a ridiculous 360 hours online, 210 hours over my cap, luckily the guy that ran the ISP was a friend and also the same guy that introduced me to UO and he did warn me about it's addictive nature... I guess he felt a little guilty because he never did charge me for the excess usage :)

Times have changed plenty and now I find myself enjoying a new game which kind of feels old school as well, it brings to mind the old adage "Everything old is new again" the game in question is Fallen Earth and I must say it has to be one of the greatest games I have played in many years, simply wonderful !

Anyway, this is looking a little long winded so I shall sign off, but in closing I would just like to say that I am looking forward to playing with the ToG crew simply because it sounds like the best fit for me at the moment, I have played loads of MMO's and have knocked around with several ToG's over the years and always meant to join but never got around to it... SO ! here I am, if you'll have me :)

cheers guys !

motoafro
    :p

2. CannonFodda

CannonFodda Retired Administrator

[​IMG]

Hi motoafro

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 40,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers __________________