[DONE] Older Gamer just started Destiny 2, looking for ToG Clan :)

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Du'kath, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Du'kath

Du'kath Getting Started

Greeting folks!

As the title says, I'm an older gamer - 46 to be exact, and just started Destiny 2 a few weeks ago. I mostly run solo, with my brother (who's already a member of ToG and suggested I sign-up), or with any random public group I can meet up with, as I'm exploring the universe of D2. It's been quite some time since I played my last FPS, honestly I think since the early Quake days, but I'm having an excellent time with D2. It'd be nice to have a consistent group of folks to socialize and adventure with, so here I am.

Following the suggestions of the "please read"; here's some history;

The first computer I remember sitting at has got to be the TRS-80, but it likely wasn't to play games. I remember using these old mysteries of science in grade school. My first home computer was the Commodore VIC-20 at roughly age 8 or 9, which soon-after was upgraded to the C-64. This was where my computer and gaming life started.

Zork was the first game I had on the C-64. My RPG addiction has been constant and never-ending ever since I read that infamous opening; “You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.”

Gaming on the C-64 and eventually the C-128 was an everyday part of my childhood. As normal as walking to and from school, playing outside, riding bikes. It wasn't actually until almost highschool that I got into pencil-&-paper games like D&D. I never really enjoyed it as much as playing an RPG on the computer though.

I look back at what computer games used to be like, compared to where we are today, and it's amazing what 40 years as given us. I watch my boys play their Xbox, and sometimes I have do a double-take to make sure it's Madden or if they're really watching football.

I've worked in the IT industry since I was 22, mostly SysAdmin stuff. Here too I'm amazed at how data centers have changed over the decades. Nowadays we virtualize more computers in a single rack of blades than we could have ever imagined 20 years ago.

As for other online games, I currently also play ESO and Elite Dangerous - both pretty casually. Over the years I've gone through countless titles; SWG, ARGO, CoH, DCUO, D&D Online, Conan, EVE, Fallen Earth, Guild Wars, LotRO, Requiem, Rift, Ryzom, SWToR, the list just keeps going.

I'm also a long-time addict of the single-player Bethesda titles, Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Presently working on another play-through of Fallout 4.

I'm located on the east coast of the US and play when I've got time. With your standard job, wife and kids, sometimes that means there is no time until the weekends - and then sometimes that means only a bit of time. Weekdays, if there's time, I'll jump in-game some where between 7 and 10pm. On the weekends it varies, could be early morning while everyone's still asleep, or random spots of time during the day. I certainly don't have a set schedule, and certainly can't adhere to one if that were a requirement, :)

Well, that's about all I've got to tell. I've got a little time, so I'm jumpin' in-game, ;)

-Cheers!