OPEN BETA RELEASE DATE

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by hemoriods, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I'll probably only play it for a couple of days, I don't want to burn out on the map like I did with BC2's beta. Get a feel of it then wait for the release. ;)

2. Rica

Rica Active Member

Ha yeah, or like Gulf of Omen from BF2... played that map so many times when it was demo that I ended up really hating it when the game released...

But knowing me, I'll play the arse off it like I did back then cause it was better than not playing :p

3. Crotador

Crotador Well-Known Member

beta downloading now....

4. reallyxxxxxxloud

reallyxxxxxxloud Getting Started

Was playing it last night. Definitely going to be a fn awesome game. I have a few issues though. Enemy is hard to see. Weapons more overpowered than BFBC Vietnam :( and my prone wouldnt work lol. Definitely a snipers game as far as I'm seeing at this point.

5. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Playing the Caspian Border map, snipers appear to be a lot less of an issue on the 3 games I've played. Normally I'm felled by a sniper at least 50% of the time on the rush map, only 1 sniper has tagged me on the conquest map.

6. Rica

Rica Active Member

Conquest is the only way this game should be played ;)

7. reallyxxxxxxloud

reallyxxxxxxloud Getting Started

Great I was afraid it might get sniper heavy, might of just been who I was playing with :)

8. Pirki

Pirki Getting Started

Any one know how jets are refuelled / rearmed on BF3?

Is it similar to BF2?

9. rooshooter

rooshooter Well-Known Member

I have played BF3 the last two nights, Need to say ATM I suck big time its the first time I have played any of the BF games, my best score was 14 kills and 5 deaths but all the other games have been the other way around lol, Its a big change after playing Combat Arms for the last 3 years but I think I will get used to it .MMM I do like the long range sniping (me being a long time cammper LOL) So hope to see a few of you Guys and Gals in game soon (thats if you want a few easy kills ) but i hope you go easy on me

10. Anivex

Anivex Active Member

As far as i know there is no fuel system.
    Also no limited ammo. You fire your shots, wait for a bit and they magically reappear.
    Gun is unlimited ammo, but can over heat, while Heatseekers(a2a missiles) have 2 missiles(enough to bring an enemy jet to about 60% if hit with both at full health) that you can fire before reloading. Reloading is unlimited and takes about 10 sec(although it feels like 10min).

They also auto repair after a while, doing so faster over the runway. There seems to be some sort of combat system in place because you do not seem to repair, even over the runway, if you have an enemy jet on you.

you also cannot rightclick to fire your missiles, you have to hit 2 to switch to them, and 1 to switch back to gun.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    Jakob_Pavlov likes this.