Operation game mode

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Dekay, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Dekay

Dekay Warframe Officer

I would have to say this is my favourite game mode. It's a combination of Conquest and Rush but has a story to it. It appears people work together better as well - In a rush sort of way.

The only problem I had was finding games. Instead of going through all the guff to only find the server empty I use Quickmatch and select Operation. It takes me straight to a game that is populated (in most cases).

How it works
    Operation has an attacking team and defending team.The map is divided into sectors. Each sector has a number of flags to capture. These flags work the same as conquest. The attacking or defending team can capture any of the flags at any time. The attacking team needs to capture all the flags in one sector to advance to the next sector. the defending team needs to reduce the attacking team ticket count to zero to win the sector.

But is that it...Noooooo... If the attacking team loses all of their tickets they get to attempt the sector again with a new battalion. This means a full ticket count and a behemoth of some sort (this depends on the map). This happens a total of 2 times. All up they get 3 attempts. The first rush and the 2 new battalions.

So, all the sectors are taken in game. Is this it...Noooo... If the game is in the first map and the attacking team wins all sectors the game and map changes to the next phase. This is a new map with a whole new line of sectors to capture.

Example:
    I was defending in a game that was in the mountains (Monte Grappa). We lost all the sectors. The game then transferred to the Adriatic coast (Empires edge) and we started afresh. We defended well on the new map stage. They got the first 2 stages but with a lot of casualties and they didn't utilise the behemoths well. We defended well on the 3rd sector and won the game overall.

When does the game end
    • If the Attacking team takes all sectors
    • If the defending team reduces the ticket count to zero a total of 3 times

Points to note
    • If the attacking team takes a sector and advances the defending team will need to retreat. During this phase any defenders killed add to the attacking ticket count. It pays to retreat safely and not hang around.
    • There are 48 and 64 player servers
    • Ticket count -
      • 64 players - 250
      • 40 Players - 200

I hope to see you on the Battlefied

DextrousWeevil likes this.
  2. DextrousWeevil

DextrousWeevil Retired Captain

Yep love this game mode also 64 players seems to go for a very long time when both sides play well.
    To successfully attack or defend to win the overall match has quite the sense of achievement for me.
    Must say though that sometimes you end up on a team sporting over 50 percent scouts which usually ends badly.
    Didn't even think to use the Quick match option though so thanks for the tip.

3. FarKinnell

FarKinnell Active Member

Will try the Quickmatch tip too, thnx DK.

But will Quickmatch put you in an overseas server where the ping would be high, rather than in an "Oceania" server?

4. Dekay

Dekay Warframe Officer

it hasn't for me yet. all my games have been local