Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kaladan, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

A very interesting discussion about crafting on 'Voices of Terminus"

Kaladan likes this.
  2. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Another chunk of info has been released regarding the questing system in Pantheon. I like the sound of it. I've updated the OP with details and a link to the article.

Click me!

3. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

A newsletter has dropped with details regarding the Shaman class, a bit of information around Black Dagger Keep and an upcoming Twitch stream on 23 June 6pm PDT.

Are you a VIP already?

Click here to go to the OP to read more

4. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Nice to hear they are taking a "sandbox" approach to questing rather than herding folks through quests hubs. Seems like it will feel more immersive which is a good thing!

5. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the stream!

6. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Yes! I'm certainly looking forward to this style of questing. More explorative and relevant to what you're actually doing. It will mean everyone will need to actually stop and take time to read through things rather than just the 'click & cruise' method of the mmo of today.

I will unfortunately have to watch the stream at a later time due to being elsewhere. But yes, I too am looking forward to the stream.

I would like to see a bit more info in the newsletters that are given. I do understand they're early on the development, but a little bit of concept art and/or a dev highlight would give a bit more to it. I think that they should also highlight the pledge options in each newsletter.

7. Umbra

Umbra Getting Started

Yeah, a bit more information would be nice. I suspect they're being a little circumspect though, as other teams that release information about their games that then gets changed get absolutely lambasted on the likes of Reddit.

I assume VR is holding their cards close to their chest until they're close to alpha.

8. Honey

Honey Active Member

I'm looking into this game as it looks like the kind of 'old school' mmo flavor I like. I haven't backed it yet but I'm definitely considering it. I usually like to play bards, clerics, druids, shamans or witch doctor type classes. With a four week old I don't have much play time at the moment but by the time this gets closer to alpha/beta I should be able to play more. Hoping ToG has a guild presence to join!

9. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Yea, they are certainly holding their cards close to their chests. Which is fine. Just eager for more! :D

I too hope there's enough interest that ToG will have a guild going for this. If not I will seriously consider rolling up my sleeves and starting a guild for this. But it's early days :)

A new article is out with some questions answered. Check it out here!

10. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

11. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

You can also grab it here. Love the mechanics and the feel of the world.

12. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

13. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Been away from here for a bit. But still keeping my eye on Pantheon and a few other games in development. As I stated in another thread my gaming has been on the decline lately, just bored with a lot of stuff. Maybe a sign of getting older haha.

Latest post on Pantheons FB page:
    Mentoring - Do you think it is a helpful community building system that promotes socialization or would you rather higher level characters power level new players and lower levels?
    For those not familiar with Mentoring:
    Mentoring is the act of opting to delevel to assist a lower level player. All gear, stats, buffs etc. are reduced to level appropriate figures e.g. level 40 mentors down to help a new level 6 player, you get the same experience from killing level 6 mobs as any other level 6 would, once the mentoring is over ( you can leave at any time), you and all of your gear returns to your regular level/stats, the experience does not scale with you though.

If you'd like to chime in on the latest post on the Pantheon FB page click the following link: https://www.facebook.com/pantheonmmo/?fref=ts

*salute*
    :bigthumbsup:

14. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Greetings!

I have updated the OP with the latest newsletter.

Enjoy!

15. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Hello all,

Don't forget to jump onto their Facebook page and join in the conversations there: https://www.facebook.com/pantheonmmo/?fref=ts

The latest post there is an interview with Kilsin, see below!

[video=youtube;9DP4FhcELNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DP4FhcELNM[/video]

If you haven't checked out the latest newsletter, go to the OP and have a read.

Have just updated the highlighted race to Human and the class to Cleric. Have read!

16. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Greetings!

Ask Brad anything about Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Wed. Aug 17th at 1pm PDT: http://bit.ly/2aXBxLp

:bigthumbsup:

17. Faay

Faay Just Joined

18. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

I don't know...some of those pledge tiers are $100/month, $300/month, $1000/month? Not saying those are the only choices but the trend on that page seems to be towards "if you play games a lot, you are automatically rich" mind-set. I guess I am just too poor to fund games anymore...as I have to save up (not buy that which I don't *need*) $100 if I want to buy something in the future. This game looks to be too expensive for me at this time.

TQQdles™

19. Faay

Faay Just Joined

Disregard

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Kaladan likes this.
  20. Kilsin

Kilsin Just Joined

We try to have a wide range of options for all of our community members mate, but to get down to basics, the game is in development and seeking funding from an investor, so this is our way of crowd funding our game, you can choose to pay as little or as much as you like with what we think are reasonably valued rewards for those pledges/subs, or you can wait until release and buy the game then with no extra rewards, the choice is completely up to you! :)

We adjusted our pledge recently due to community feedback, we had many requests for a lower pledge with minimal rewards and we delivered, plus the expensive monthly payments you spoke of were also implemented after community feedback, making it easier for some of our community member to achieve a higher pledge level by paying it off over time instead of dropping a big lump some amount at once, which can be tough on the bank balance.

Either way, we appreciate all of our supports, they have helped us get the game to where it is today but no one is forced to help us and we won;t hold it against anyone who wants to watch and wait :)

Kaladan likes this.