Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kaladan, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

MMORPG currently has a thread going for which Pantheon is in. If you havent voted for Pantheon and would like to please head over there and vote.

The Poll closes soon and 2nd spot is currently very close to Pantheons 1st place.

Please click me to vote

2. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Haven't kept up to date with this thread lately, silly season and all that.

Will look at keeping things going here in the near future.

Hope everyone had a great xmas and new years!

*salute*

3. francisbaud

francisbaud Just Joined

I like what the devs are doing with their game and the general orientation (team based gameplay), the art style for their races and all, however I have some doubts about the viability of the project: the team is really small, there are already so many PvE MMO (spiritual successors of EQ or not) and its retro / oldschool aspirations may not bring enough people to reach the critical mass of players to make this social MMO works well. Even though there are likely some innovations to the game, it seems to live just from the old EQ nostalgia and I think it may not be enough to sustain a large playerbase for a long time. We'll see how things play out, maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way.

4. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Yea, I hear you and understand what you're saying. I've been following Pantheon for quite sometime now and the general direction that VR is taking is to remain a small team, to keep the focus on what they're wanting to build and to not try and cater to a large playerbase. Obviously they, or should I say we need a large enough playerbase for the game to survive and I think that as long as they keep to the tenets they've outlined it should be successful. All we can do is wait and see and hope.

If you haven't backed Pantheon just keep an eye on it and see how things pan out over the next couple of years. I think at best it might release in 2 years, that's just a guess and has not been stated by VR. I'm basing it on the likelihood of pre-alpha testing kicking off this year with Alpha testing perhaps launching sometime in the last quarter of the year. When the game does launch it looks like there will be a free play option up to a certain level to allow people to try before they buy, and in my opinion that is a great idea.

Kilsin is a member here and he might poke his head in here and reply to you in regards to your concerns.

*salute*

5. Valdur

Valdur Well-Known Member

I too think that this game will go live in two or two and half years.But from what I've understood from various videos/interviews from the devs,Unity allows them to do things faster that it would have been with an in house game engine.This game is definitely catered to a niche audience but there's no MMORPG for this typical audience at the moment besides the older MMORPG.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game as there is nothing which interest me MMOwise in the next 3 years release beside Pantheon.

Kaladan likes this.
  6. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

7. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Want to check out the latest newsletter and happenings for Pantheon? Click me!

The Pantheon FAQ has been updated also, check it out here!

Also, if you didn't keep up to speed with the poll at mmorpg.com, Pantheon smashed the competition with a 31.8% win!! Details here.

*salute*

8. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Good stuff, they seem to be in a pretty good place right now adding more to the team. Can't wait for the next live stream. :)