PC Gamers' : 10 things we want to see in Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Jakob_Pavlov, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Jakob_Pavlov

Jakob_Pavlov Retired Captain

Ned and DougB like this.
  2. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

Good article mate. Thanks for sharing.

I'll ask the question, what would you like to see in Battlefield 3?

I spose for me it would be that easy to learn but hard to master feeling you get when playing other BF titles.

3. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

My only wish it doesn't bring in any game-play type stuff from Bad Company 2 .. the engine with destructabiluity is fine but the modes , map sizes , squad setup isnt

4. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Agreed. BF needs to be a lot larger, especially with 64 per server which I would assume would almost guarantee larger battlefields.

The plane queue was exceptionally annoying as someone who plays flight sims to get his jollies. Never flown a jet/chopper in any infantry based game. Perhaps having a pilot class that was given a pea shooter as a weapon would combat this a little. As an enemy, I know I'd try and infiltrate a base and plink pilots queuing up for the next plane.

5. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

much larger....I want the haste (run and gun) out of the game. I want to be in a squad, use squad voip and be able to properly approach a target and engage. Not just twitch and die.

6. Binary-Ninja

yeah the silos in BF2 were awesome sniper spots for queuing wanna be pilots ....

7. Alpha_Au

Alpha_Au Well-Known Member

Have to agree with all of those points. Especially the huge maps & plane camping queues.

8. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

Good article, cheers.

9. Doughboy

Doughboy Retired Captain<br>Correspondent

Good read, thanks Jakob

10. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been posted (there's so much stuff now), but I found another GameInformer article. This time about multi player. Enjoy:
    Talking Battlefield 3 Multiplayer - Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360 - www.GameInformer.com

After playing Bad Company 2 this weekend, I realise that I really miss the Squad Leader position. We had two guys in our squad and they both were setting contradicting squad orders. But in BF2 only the squad leader could issue the orders. So I hope they bring back the squad leader position and in game voip that only your squad can hear. In my opinion I think that promotes teamwork more than the system that Bad Company 2 has.

Jakob_Pavlov likes this.
  11. CorvanPhoenix

CorvanPhoenix Retired Captain

Thanks so much for that article, I haven't laughed so hard or freely in... I don't know. A long time.

This is a hobby I can't share with people I actually see so cheers for making it a hobby I can still share with SOMEONE! ;)

12. Rage032

Rage032 Retired Captain

I played 2142 more than BF2, and I agree that it would be awesome to bring back squad leaders. I also liked the Commander. If you get someone doing that job right, and players following his command, it makes for an awesome match.

In saying that, I don't like the massive maps of BF. 2142 was good cause you would jsut use the Titan Pods to get to anywhere you wanted to go. But when BC2 brought in the really big maps (I presume they are from the old BF games) I thought it sucked. I don't want to spend half my game running across the map because people on my team took all the vehicles, nor I don't want to spend my time waiting for the vehicles for the same reason. BC2's maps where big enough for me. Anything else is too big.

13. Gnascher

Gnascher Getting Started

i just hope it doesn't max out my e8400 dual core like BC2, it even maxes out quad cores. it is apparently a program bug. I'll wait and see.

i am Frack'n sick of being the only one NOT A SNIPER in the BC2 multi player. i am about to quit playing it altogether.

i was going to build an 1155 Sandy Ridge quad on a
    Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

but they got recalled.. i was waiting till the end of april to see reviews.. good thing i waited

14. Binary-Ninja

Gnascher SB are back on the market again ... but any modern game these days including BFBC2 requires a quad core ...the E8400 is a tad old for modern games and it cant handle the requests the games throws at it ... BF3 will be far worse then bad company as it is a new game engine and it is on a much much larger scale map wise ...

I would not expect any dual core to be able to cope because the technology has moved on from that a while ago .

15. Alpha_Au

Alpha_Au Well-Known Member

You can also be ahead of the curve with a 6 core. ;) AMD Phenom II x6 for example. :cool:

16. bageled23

bageled23 Just Joined

Good read.

I was never a fan of all the airpower in BF2. To many servers got raped by competent jet or chopper pilots, and the average inf had very little to reply with. It's one thing I think they've done well in BC2. Between the laser darts, guidable rockets, and AA guns there are plenty of ways to bring down airpower. I hope they bring some of that into BF3

17. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

I found it horrible that in BF2 there were only three ways to bring down a plane - another jet, a shilka AAA vehicle, or fixed SAM sites. Basically once a pilot strafed the enemy airport (or stole their plane) they knew precisely where the next threat was going to come from. Good (spammy) pilots would just follow a set pattern in clearing these threats, and if done in any semi-aware manner, was unstoppable.

Desert Combat on the other hand, had shoulder launched stinger missiles that any soldier could use from anywhere. While that can become over-powered if not balanced, it at least gave the ground troopers a fair chance of survival, and kept the pilots on full guard.

I really hope that something like this is implemented.

18. Binary-Ninja

They could use the same setup for the launchers as BFBC2 ... troops only or heat signature for aircraft ... Yes the pilots would be crying if it happened but as pointed out BF2 the aircraft was overpowered because you couldn't get to the areas you needed to to kill them...

A launcher would keep the aircraft spam runs to a minimum and not bother experienced pilots , keep the noobs out of the aircraft who only use it to spam troops .

19. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Desert Combat had an interesting take on the modern FPS genre - no real shortage of military hardware!! If you wanted to tank, there were three to take, plus more at each flag cap - same for helo's, jets, arty - whatever. By not limiting the entire team to one tank, or one jet, or one helo they took the spamminess out of them, and made them just tools of the trade.

They weren't super-powerful like in BF2, and were fairly easily taken out with good tactics. It was superbly balanced.

While I know this wont happen, it's a shame we don't see more of that. There was really something special about seeing 16 jets and choppers coming in on the radar!!! :D

Many of the mods for BF2 took the approach of having shoulder launched stingers available as a limited kit. Great idea - it kept the jets powerful, but on their toes, without having them be targeted from every tree and building. A nice approach.

20. Gnascher

Gnascher Getting Started

things i want to see in BF3

1. i want it to stay connected in multiplayer

2. i want #$%&*^#@*ing Punk Buster to work in it. i cant even play BC2 anymore with CONSTANT ERROR 9005 KICKS.

3. I WANT TO PLAY IT WITHOUT BEING THE ONLY ONE NOT A
    SNIPER.

4. i want to see EA with REAL SUPPORT... not 25 pages of complaints on their forum on one of MANY PROBLEMS with NO REPLIES.!!!

5. FIX the bugs like the one that will max out the best i7's

i will wait a long time before i buy another EA game to see if it works.. any game for that matter, i doubt they will be more concerned about quality over profit any time soon.

i am really piss'd off with BC2 and EA and after getting the new MOH and it not worth playing.

SORRY I JUST SPENT AN HOUR TRYING TO FIX THE 9005 ERROR.. AGAIN.!!