PC Gamers' : 10 things we want to see in Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Jakob_Pavlov, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Much as I hate EA - it's DICE that's responsible for most of those complaints. EA do steer where the funding goes, but from their point of view, they've already made their money from you :p It's up to DICE to make the game stable, and to work well with PB etc...

2. Bru1zer

Bru1zer Guardian Captain

A-10 Thunderbolt II
    SU 37
    Effective miniguns on the UH 60
    flares for the aircraft
    limited number of pilots if there is 2 planes and two helicopters then only 4 people can enter those vehicles first seat.

dedicated handheld AA or HEAT launchers with lock on for AA
    anti personnel claymores

a commander
    6 to a squad
    Sidearms for SL only, everyone else chooses from a support option:
    Laser designator instead of a tracer dart
    grappling hook
    smoke grenades
    flares
    motion balls/ uav
    supply crate
    mortar / artillery
    personal one time use medikit

Support class had the suppressive LMG's and ammo, no more infinate 40mm
    Gun loadout independent of perks, customizable rail, with scopes, suppressors, grips, etc
    longer path to unlocks, choosing an unlock in BF2 was a big decision
    AA12 Auto.

Perks:
    Double ammo: make move move slower
    both belts of LMGs in one box, no backup, 20 round drums for the shotguns,
    two extended mags instead of 4 standard.
    Lightweight kit has drawbacks. Half your standard ammo,
    quick reload: half your time between mags.
    body armour: makes you move slower, much more effective than in BC2

reverse auto health regeneration, you must find a medic or bleed out
    make revives harder
    limit the number of weapons issued within reason, cant have 32 sniper rifles on one side, or 32 shotguns
    bullet drop for all weapons, an assualt rifle should not be more accurate at range over a sniper rifle.
    also limited range and bullet deviation, assault rifles should be limited to 550m on point target.
    no bunny hopping or dolphin diving, make accurracy go to <10% for 2 secs after a movement.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  3. UN1TISGOD

UN1TISGOD Active Member

As im a sniper primary i guess id rather see a more indepth version of it.
    The calculating of a bullet drop and compensating for a running/ping target is bliss.
    But i think the core classes of weapons should have some form of trainging required to access them.
    IE : say you are a sniper, your main weapon is a sniper rifle , then you are required to take part on a firing range to gain certification for your rifle before you can progress to the next rifle , rinse and repeat.
    Now those certificates are a level class , so servers themselves can enforce a say " class 3 sniper or above " policy , so ONLY those who train every day with that weapon could use it , as it would stop the entire team from suddenly switching from assault to snipers when the maps get easy after we thump the enemy out of the flags , only for the my team to switch to sniper rifles and watch as the flags suddenly turn back to the enemy becuase of this train of thought by my team.
    So in short , you dont have and overall LVL cap like BFC-2 lvl 50 (were we unlocked all our guns by lvl 20)
    But the classes them selves are lvled capped , so you can level your assault class and unlock assault weapons , but if you switch to sniper suddenly then you have only access to lvl 1 snipers weapons. (unless youve trained up on them)
    THis could apply to vehciles as well , ie high ranked players get things like faster reloads and faster turret turns then say a lower ranked person.
    And this would also semi fix the airplance ques , as only those who put in the hours to learn the trainging and certificates would be allowed to fly the aircraft and stop those nub cakes who use them to fly over a place , bail out of a perfectly good airplane whislt over an enemy flag.
    The same system could be used for all weapons and vechicles , id say make it simular to AAO , weres only those who put in the hours of trainging on the range to get their certificates could only use the best of the best weapons.
    I know this way would be annoying to a casual gamer , so go play console.
    But for those who are still playing months after every one else has stopped playing , it would offer them something to unlock further down the line.
    I think the uniforms could be a fun way of expressing this , Lvl 1 assault has stnadard cammo , lvl 10 assault has ass kicking spec-ops style cammo.

Just my random thought for the day.

4. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

bad company was a poor example of a battlefield game it was really a flash in the pan .. BF2 was the standard that was set probably still is and that will be what BF3 will be judged by ...

The squad setup was far better in BF2 but that had a lot to do with the comms and leaders having control of squad .... If the SL setups up the squads like he should then you wont have 50 v 50 sniperfest ... It wont happen as the maps are larger much much larger .. snipers will be left behind out of the action as the vehicles go past .. long way to walk they soon learn

In BFBC2 the maps were too small and everyone sniped just so they could sit back and not damage their KDR , if they did this in BF2 they were left behind so their KDR suffered from being out of the action ... They play a part of the team but also have to keep up and cover team ... this rarely happened in BC2 due to map size..

You probably don't need certs for each weapon but limit how many in each squad etc.. If the SL is organising he can pick the best sniper or say we need a engineer etc..

5. Doughboy

Doughboy Retired Captain<br>Correspondent

BC2 was not a sequel to BF2 by any stretch of the imagination, it was a game to see what they could do with destuction and the Frostbite engine. BF3 is a followup from BF2, not BC2.

I disagree with the perks. Dice had said that they had made a mistake with COD like perks in BC2.

I believe that it is more balanced with out perks.

But I do totally agree with limiting the number of kits, especially snipers. But I cant see this happening, nor can I see the certification thing either.

Dont forget, EA/Dice are in the business of selling games and if the next sniper nub to come along cant get his/her fav kit and pitch a tent, then they prolly wont buy the game!

6. Spectre8

100% agree. I think you're spot on there mate. DICE/EA aren't there to make the best game ever - they're there to make the most profitable game ever. Sure, to do this it needs to be close to the best, but as stated, if every wannabe sniper can't snipe - they wont play. If they don't play, they wont pay.

Take a look at Helo's in BF2. When BF:1942 was released, the mod Desert Combat introduced helo's. This same team of people were brought in to be part of the BF2 development team at DICE... and yet the helo's were stuffed. In Desert Combat the helo's were difficult to fly, and as such very rewarding when mastered. You knew that when you saw a helo coming in low and fast, it was going to be piloted by someone with decent skills, and that was a fearsome thing.

BF2 however, lowered the bar to make them accessible. They were near impossible to crash, all you had to do was let go of the controls, and it'd go into a safe hover. There was no built in "training" (trial and error) and as such the helo's lost a lot of their true power.

We'll see the same thing with BF3. It needs to be able to be enjoyed by everyone who buys it, on day one. No limitations, no special requirements... something for everyone to play.

It's a shame, but it's business.

7. Binary-Ninja

yeah i know that is what i was saying BC2 was a flash in the pan when compared to BF2 ... the only decent part of BC2 was the game engine ... the rest of the game was based on small maps not a battlefield as such ...

8. sperex

sperex Laboratory Manager Captain

Maybe they'll have a "difficulty" setting on servers. Where "Easy" lets you fly a chopper fully tanked and rambling about your missus but "Real" is half way between DC and PR.

...maybe...

9. Binary-Ninja

lol

10. Spectre8

I wish... :)

But never gonna happen :(

11. BishopNZ

BishopNZ Well-Known Member

Loved BF2 and love BC2 just as much, but for different reasons.

Personally cannot wait to see the new frostbite engine.

Some of the things I would like to see in BF3 -

1. Commander role. The thing I miss the most when playing BC2.
    2. Squad leader able to issue orders to squad mates. Bonus points if it matches the command given to you by the commander role.
    3. Heavier the role, heavier the kit, slower the walk. Let a recon kit run faster than a heavy machine gun kit, but let them also have less armor and less ammo.
    4. Want to fly a chopper? Recon chopper requires no unlock, but to pilot a Blackhawk and/or Apache, need to have the unlock for it first and they don't get unlocked easy.
    5. Don't let a private drive a tank either, want to drive the tank or be the gunner, get to Staff Sgt first.
    6. Big maps. BC2 don't have them (well maybe one) but let's get some large ones in there.
    7. Artillary support from ships, manned by players.
    8. We have some big maps, so lets have a transport plane as well, so we get there faster. (10 players parachuting out the back)
    9. Awesome audio.
    10. Wish it was November already. Come on November....where are you?

12. Doughboy

Doughboy Retired Captain<br>Correspondent

A good wish list there BishopNZ.

I would like to keep nubs out assets as much as the next player, but I just cant see them doing it.

I hate it in BC2, when someone takes a tank head long into a battle, it gets some RPG hits, driver balis before the tank explodes, enemy has your asset - game over!

But Dice have said in the development of this that planes and choppers will be easy to use, hard to master. I personally dont get this, but we will see.

So long as they make a true BF2 sequel, then I will be happy!

13. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Just Joined

I just want Jets and more Jets and then some more.

I think currently the will have:
    Su 35 Super Flanker
    F/A 18 E/F Super Hornet (yay for the RAAF)
    Mig 29 Fulcrum
    F/A 16 Fighting Falcon.

Hoping that they may include F/A 22 Raptor, J20, PAK FA and JSF...althought the Euro Canards Eurofighter/Rafale/Gripen would be nice too!!!!

Refused...this thing is gonna take 2142 to a whole new level!!!! and bring the days of raining missiles from the air back...yippeee

and non that note I am guessing Omen will be sneaking around with Manpads....bawahahahaha

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  14. Binary-Ninja

no sorry to say hawkeye those days of spam / missiles from the sky are over .. that wont be in the game due to effective AA guns and Launchers to shoot them down

15. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Just Joined

I will humbly disagree my friend, with advancements in Sams/Manpads/AAA there is parallel advancement in offsensive/defensive weapons employed by today's multirole fighters and I think BF3 will incorporate that, in the end its all about the pilot honing his skills and the gunner being effective at operating independently and spotting and targetting bogies.

For e.g. In 2142 in the start it was quite very difficult with the Gunships as you had to go up against Fixed AA, the Titan AAs and Manpads but with practice one can get quite effective at dealing with them (the odds can stack up against you very quickly though given that more engineers can spawn up with Manpads than Gunships).

Hopefully BF3 incorporates some of the latest experiences that we are seeing in warfare:
    1). Standoff air to ground weapons for the jets - This was done well in 2142 where the gunner of the gunship could guide a tv guided missile all the way that combined with spotting can have some interesting results
    The counter to the above would be longer ranged SAMs and radars accompanied with ESM/ECM/ECCM support as well as AWACS and Friendly Fighters

2). Better weapons for AtoA than 2142...would be good to get hands on some IR guided AAMs as well as radar guided AAMs/
    The counter to the above would again be active/passive ECM/ECCM/Jammers/Chaff/Flares...etc

16. T0by1

T0by1 Well-Known Member

I want and option to choose flash / stun / smoke grenades for both hand grenades and 40mm's

17. okkervil

okkervil Active Member

El Alamein.

A remake of Desert Combat using modern technology. Let's get back to the beautiful basics that were the Battlefield franchise.

Spectre8 likes this.
  18. Regulater

Regulater Well-Known Member

I hope they have Carl Gustavs

19. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

10 things I want in BF3....

me and 9 beers :D

Reoh likes this.
  20. Binary-Ninja

that makes it easier for us to shoot you then redgum .. but damned if i am not getting in nay vehicle you are in control of :)

Reoh likes this.