Plane game / gamers list !!

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Ned, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

Who here would be interested in getting together for some multiplay flight sims action :p

Who plays them?
    What ones do you have?
    What ones are you looking at getting?
    Which ones can you play online??

I'm Interested in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 A Century of Flight.

GAMERS
    ned
    churchill
    mayday
    adsa
    jello
    raest
    karmajay
    sloffe
    basie
    gazz
    sinbad66
    Jero
    Paulie_Walnuts
    Ace_Rimmer
    Jump_Honner
    wedgey
    CampWater
    Arch
    Preston_Hill

possible games
    A Century of Flight
    IL2
    Lock On: Modern Air Combat
    Pacific Fighters
    IL2 Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion

:)

2. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Dunno Ned, my personal opinion is that if it ain't got rockets, bullets, or bombs then it isn't a real aeroplane game. :lol:

I've got IL2 which is pretty good but believe that Lock-On is very good. Not into the non action flight sim type of thing tho. Never played online. :(

3. Adsa

Adsa Retired Captain

Yep would like to get into it but the only one i have is IL2. Soon to invest in FS2004

4. Jello63

Jello63 Well-Known Member

Jervis Bay N.S.W: TOG Sponsor: XFire-jello63. Fox'
    I'm interested Neddie :D I have none of those games, but not to say I can't buy them. Was a big fan of European Air War & played that online heaps in it's day & was great fun. Also F22, but modern aircraft aren't as much fun, due to AMRAMM's don't have to see the enemy. Prefer WWII planes & good dog fights, so count me in. :D

5. Sloffe

Sloffe Active Member

I'm with jello63, and prefer the ww2 fliers. The last I played was EAW but I'd be happy to pick up something like IL-2 and join in. Just picked up Battle of Britain in the bargain bin for $10 and hope to have a go at that when I get a chance. Actually anyone into the WW1 fliers?. I used to love Red Baron and Wings of War.

6. Basie

Basie Retired Administrator

I'd be willing to pick up a copy of LOMAC -- been curious about that one. I have IL2 but haven't played it much at all.

7. Jello63

I liked Red Baron 3D, was great to fly old slow planes & not be able to bail out. :lol:

8. Gazz

Gazz Active Member

I like the WW2 era (for shooting) as well. I have IL2 Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion which is the most current version as of now. Arena has a server for this version as well.

I say as of now because the people who made IL2 are just about to release a new game, 'Pacific Fighters' which is set in WW2 Pacific Theatre.

Another game I really enjoyed was Crimson Skies. This one was pure fiction but was a lot of fun single or multiplayer.

9. Ned

I just bought Logitech Force 3D joystick and Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 A Century of Flight 8O Who would have ever thought that flying was difficult :roll:

Pacific Fighters sounds great!!
    - http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/news_feature.php?id=8176 -

10. Wolf_Web

Wolf_Web Retired Advisor

Whats the multiplayer like? is the game worth buying or not?

11. sinbad66

sinbad66 Active Member

European Air War was an old favourite of mine
    did a bit of internet with that one

Whats this IL2 like?

And also if it aint got guns or bombs forget it

and you wouldnt appreciate me ramming my cessna172 into the cockpit of your 747 now would you !!

12. Ned

Sh!t mate... I haven't gotten that far yet 8O ... still in flight school!
    Looks promising though.
    You can fly the 1903 Wright Flyer to a Boeing jet.

- From Manual -

13. Jello63

IL2 & the expansion are available for $69.00 & Pacific Fighters looks good it was $89.00. When the decision is made what Flight sim we are going to play I'll go buy it. :D

14. Jero

Jero Getting Started

I just bought IL2 Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion for $29AU including P&H. I get what games I can from www.zest.co.th

15. Wolf_Web

Wolf_Web Retired Advisor

Holy cow games and stuff are cheap on that site! Have you bought from there before? How long they take to deliver from Thailand?

16. Jero

Jero Getting Started

Takes less then 10 days and I have bought BF Vietnam and the 2 Neverwinter Nights expansions from there. That came to $84 including Postage and Handling :p

There is a few posts on Whirlpool about them which is where I found them and they are perfectly legit. I have read of people buying 10 copies at a time from them just to cover friends when new games come out. Apparently they are considered the EB of Thailand. They sell the games cheap and simply send the CD, CD case and CD Key to save money. Also, make sure the game says it's English.

Edit: Spelling and don't pre-order anything. They have a habit of pushing release dates back.

17. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Now that has perked up my interest :wink: :D Wouldn't that be a blast, 100+ aeroplanes in an online dogfight 8) :D

18. Jello63

Sounds like complete chaos to me..............count me in :lol:

19. Ace Rimsey

Ace Rimsey Company Commander

Just borrowed a friends copy of LO-MAC to test and see.

He also has a copy of Falcon 4.0 which is patched up with the SP4 community Mod which he said he can lend me.

For info on Falcon
    From the site:

"Falcon 4.0 is an extremely detailed Simulation integrating a fully dynamic, realtime Air, land, and sea war in which you take part as an F-16 pilot. Running on any OS platform capable of supporting Directx 5.0 and above. Falcon 4.0 not only simulates a fantastic and versatile fighter, but also a very versatile product. With 4 years of hard work behind it, it is the ultimate Simulation experience for all enthusiasts.

Besides playing all these sections one player, you can hook up multiplayer and fly with your buddies, and or other squadrons, in any one of the main sections, excluding Instant Action. You will also find in Falcon 4.0, a logbook that keeps track of everything you did, keeping your kill count (or death count) seperately for flying online and off. The logbook can be password protected, and can have unlimited pilot records, so for those that have more than one person in their family that fly's Falcon 4.0, you can have seperate pilot records. There is an in-depth Tactical Reference that can be accessed within the Falcon 4.0 Interface that tells you what you need to know about any unit in Falcon 4.0. And finally there is an ACMI section, where you can view ACMI tapes that you recorded during flight, or one that you recieved over the Internet."

Both are modern jet sims which have great eye candy.

I may get Pacific Fighters too if thats the game everyone decides to play as a 100+ plane furball would be fantastic. Also according to the manufacturer, you can now land and take off and attack carriers with your plane.

Would love to get involved in some online plane sim with some fellow toggers. :D

20. Paulie_Walnuts

Paulie_Walnuts Well-Known Member

I play a bit of IL-2 FB(+Aces expansion) as well as a little bit of LOMAC and would be keen to hook up with some fellow TOGgers and do some flyin. I'm pretty crap at LOMAC so it would be good to pick up some tips from someone with a bit of experience.