Planetside 2 v Destiny

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Ancient_One, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Planetside 2 release date is 23rd June.
    Planetside 2 is a FPS and MMO on a large scale with hundreds of players on the map at any stage of play.
    Free-to-play with additional premium content able to be purchased.

Should Bungie be concerned that players will jump to Planetside 2?

I've seen a huge drop in players for Destiny of late and with more games being released all the time I'm thinking Destiny might not go the distance.

Thoughts?

2. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Well we were there pretty much from the start even though in separate guilds, Destiny was a great experience but just was not able to hold me. We still have many going strong and loving it but they are PvP junkies.

I do think there is more chance that PS2 could take players from Destiny more so than say ESO as there is more similarity being a shooter etc.

The people I know playing Destiny are really loving the shift in focus on PvP and the Prison of Elders content. Who knows maybe all the chat about Destiny becoming too PvP focused is because they are doing that due to a potential risk that PS2 could bring.

I hope if people do leave Destiny to play PS2 they leave that to play ESO ... :)

3. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

So many games so little time. I'm struggling to work out where to play and when.