Planetside 2, who is starting the outfit?

Discussion in 'Planetside 2 (Public)' started by ColRipper, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Single Sparkly Dot Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

lol you noticed that as well aye. I was nearly screaming at him when he let that tank get away at 23:05 and at 34:00 minutes he wastes all his ammo shooting an empty mossie and then at 34:16 he has someone dead in his sights and goes *click click* lmao :D

2. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

Just saw that as well!

I am worried now that I might really suffer with those Vanu tanks.

• Being a hover tank it reminds me of tanks in BF2142. That is fine by me, but I did always prefer the tracked tanks in that game.
    • The real worry I have is about their shots. Will VS tanks have shells that fire in a straight line (no effect of gravity) like their infantry weapons? I dont know if I can handle that. It just wouldnt feel like a real tank if the shots dont have weight to them...

3. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

WoW! I guess i am old and have been playing with TOG that damn long. :D I was one of the original and yes a few of Americans in TOG at the time. At the time we were a very small crew that all played NC our outfit was called the Geckos! And believe it or not Father actually played the game with us!...(waiting for all the gasps......) :cool:

We never really strayed from the NC back in the original days. But TOG was a totally different entity then. I'm sure there will be people wanting to play multiple factions. i'm sure TOG will provide a place for them and a TOG outfit.

But the true...the first....the originals..the best damn TKers out there:w....will be fighting for the NC and hopefully under the Gecko name once again! :p

I'm back playing PS right now. I'll take a screen shot for all you.....:D

Cheers,

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. oldskool

Here is the proof!

Gecko Commander! Zoom in if you have to read it!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers!

5. Terraphon

Terraphon Getting Started

mmmm, tasty planetside 2. I'll be there, with bells on.

Time to kill some TR scum, soon!

6. Terraphon

The main gun I have seen on the VS tanks fires an energy bolt, with an arc. It looks like a glob of plasma and it definitely has some form of mass to it.

As for the infantry weapons, keep in mind that while they don't suffer bullet-drop because they're energy weapons, they do suffer energy attenuation over distance...because they're energy weapons.

So as NC we can still do full damage at range as long as we compensate for bullet drop (being a sniper, FTW) while the Vanu will have an easier time aiming but won't hit very hard from a good distance.

Also, NC Dogtag...

[​IMG]

7. oldskool

yea that"s my boy!!! Love the dog tag dude!

8. Terraphon

hehehe...I have several of them laying around in a box somewhere. I'll dig them out and save one for ya.

9. Terraphon

Also, I'd like to throw some ideas into the hat.

Due to the way PS2's outfits and squads work, and the fact that there are many disparate roles players can take on, I had worked up a model for an outfit I'd like to share.

Before I was made aware of TOG, I had an outfit planned and have a number of people who are going to want to play the game as part of a solid outfit...somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30, it looks like.

I'm going to be letting all of them know about TOG, because they're all in their 30's and 40's and would all make for great fits with this group, it seems.

Anywhoozle...The concept I had was as follows:

I was going to start the outfit up and call it Chaos Company. No particular reason for the name, I just like the way it sounds.

Within the outfit, there would be a number of squads. Each squad would have specific roles during operations, as follows:

• Mayem squad - The flyers. The guys who create the mayhem inside enemy bases and lay the groundwork for the assault. This group would consist of liberators and fighters to scorch the ground and give combat air patrol for air supremacy.

• Nemesis squad - The heavy armor and assault vehicles. They will follow Mayhem squad into combat and will secure the ground from any vehicle based insurgents who may try to defend. They'll also transport the first wave of infantry.

• Overlord squad - The MAX and Heavy armor guys. They will go in on foot and take out pockets of resistance within the facilities. These are the guys who clear the final obstacles and secure the base for the light armor and engineers to move in and take over.

• Perdition squad - The final wave. These are the guys who march into hell and take the base. This group will include overwatch / high-ground (snipers and observers) and engineers / hackers / medics / light infantry. After a base is taken, they will be setting up defenses and prepping for counter-assault.

During a base defense, the squads would have the same basic roles, except from the inside out. Air defense, air strikes against incoming enemy groups, securing versus enemy armor and heavy assault, setting up turrets and defenses, etc...

Of course, we don't have to be so involved if the group doesn't want but...I believe these to be very effective tactics and if the waves are done well, it's really difficult to defend against such an assault.

Just some thoughts.

C4 likes this.
  10. Duckforceone

Duckforceone Well-Known Member

Did someone mention Ducks? :D

i'm always game...

11. oldskool

Like I told you the other day Terrphon..I love the idea...BUT one of the great things about the game is the ability to change roles. One min i might want to take to the skies...and bust some ships....then a moment later i might want to go heavy assault. the real trick here is finding a good commander. One that can strategical and work with other commanders to win us battles. if I've learned one thing in all my time in PS its the faction that works together...on a large scale almost always wins the battle.

I love how you have all the necessary roles laid out and i think they will work well. We just need to fill that crucial spot...the commander. :)

12. Duckforceone

actually multiple commanders... one can't be online at all 24 hours a day...

13. Terraphon

Right, understood. This concept is more designed to be used on "squad night" or "guild night" or "outfit night", whatever...When we'll have heaps of people on at once.

Any time that happens, it's easy to crank up the juice on the war machine and just start steam-rolling bases, if there's organization.

Something like that will NOT work with a rag-tag group...no chance. It definitely needs a solid commander to organize and assign roles.

14. 2_islands

2_islands Lead Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Some good thoughts for any future Divisional Captain to consider.

15. oldskool

Yup most def. If nothing else players that tend to like to play certain roles more often will have a designated spot and hopefully a squad leader there as well.

In my mind and a perfect world...we would have multiple commanders...yes Duck that's a for sure one. :) SL's in each of your branches waiting and issuing orders from commanders. Troops following said orders...and SL's reporting back info from the front lines, air, cav, etc.

We get a good group willing to do all this and brother we will be un-stoppable!!

And don't get me wrong, love the idea, love the concept. Think its a good starting point to really start thinking as 2 islands has said...what TOG can do for its players in PS2.

Like I was saying in another post PS2 is going to be huge in TOG. I see it very rapidly becoming one of the largest divisions in TOG very quickly. There will be a lot of people playing this game. And a lot of work to do to organize it all. :)

16. Terraphon

Yeah, well said.

At the end of the day, it's all about making sure we all have the most fun possible with the group. Sometimes that's going to mean highly organized teams making minced meat of the enemy and other times that's going to mean running around like headless chickens, just carrying on and enjoying the scenery.

For me, that's all it's about. Having fun. In every group I've ever been in, we had times where we were organized and tight and communicated perfectly and laid waste to everything in front of us. Those times were great because we accomplished the things we wanted and had a blast doing it.

Other times we would decide it didn't really matter and we'd all just switch off. Suicide runs, carrying on, laughing over vent, making fun of each other and the enemy, and not getting anything useful done, at all. Good times!

I can't wait!

17. oldskool

18. Duckforceone

To organize such a large group.. and this is going to be larger than any other game out there...

forget the old 72 man raids in everquest, forget the 10 man team fights...

we are going to need to be run like a true military outfit, if we are to utilize our numbers...

19. Terraphon

Yeah, agreed...we'll need some good coordination for big operations.

May even be a good idea to run through some basic squad and small unit tactics, tactical movement, etc...That way when a squad leader calls for a bounding overwatch or a wedge, people won't go "huh?"

20. Duckforceone

i would think we could easily make a youtube video guide of what the commands mean.. like a sort of TOG commando training... :D