Player interaction in Destiny(PS4)

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by MrRez, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MrRez

MrRez Active Member

Hi Guys,

Am pretty new to this online console gaming lark, I come from years of playing on a PC. And there in lies the problem for me. I know how to meet, communicate and group up with other players on online PC games, usually through voice comms and ingame chat. But I am finding it hard to do the same on a console I really like Destiny and am getting into it. But apart from waving or dancing I don't know how else to make contact with players :)

Adding to the friends list is fine and all but how do you know when to invite and not? or even ask the player if they are busy or not to help out?

Has anyone got some hints or tips for doing this on a Console? I would really appreciate the help, Thanks.

2. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

While in game.

Options > Roster > click on the persons name.

If you have the option to Join Fireteam or Invite Fireteam in white text then you can do those. Otherwise they are not available.

Outside of the game you would have to send them a message.

I think from memory if you mouse over the person it will tell you how many are in their Fireteam. ie. 1 / 6 and 1 / 3.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. ozkao

ozkao Active Member

Hey ya mate, social interaction within the actual destiny game is very lacking atm so you really rely on your PSN friends list, there is a PS4 Destiny thread with ppls PSN Id's and feel free to add me PSN ID: Snafflez I usually play with a couple of real life mates but more than happy to go for runs with fellow toggers. Also been meaning to start a thread to see if anyone is interested in organizing a PS4 Destiny : Vault of Glass (the Raid) group for regualar lewt runs.

4. MrRez

MrRez Active Member

Thanks for the help, I will try adding a few more of you tonight when I get on.

5. Briareus

Briareus Getting Started

Best bet is to add everyone, and jump into (select Join Fireteam) other players games if they look like they're doing something similar to you. Especially if you see the little arrow on their nametag, this means that they have set their grouping option to Open to Public. This is generally considered to be an 'up for grouping' tag IME, although since you have to set it manually every. damn. time, a lot of people don't bother.

So yeh, jump in and see what's up! The game is much more fun in teams (especially with voice chat - you have a mic right??), so most people are happy to group.