Playstation 4 going in production

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by Dragonhammer, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Dragonhammer

Dragonhammer Well-Known Member

2. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Ahh i read this a couple of weeks back but wondered if it was official, looks like it is.

3. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

Early 2012 release date yet they showed nothing at this years E3 - I find it hard to believe.

Now some sort of crap kinect like addon i could believe but a new console - No

4. Dragonhammer

I got the news from news sites from my own country and they don't deal in rumors so if its on there its checked and verified.

Sony has not made the official announcement that it is working on PS4 and denies everything
    But that Sony was working on the PS4 was already confirmed at the share holders meeting last may.
    Because when the share holders asked about a large sum of money on the ballance sheet where it was used for they reluctantly admitted that they where working on the next gen console.

The news from today comes from employees from Foxconn and Pegatron Technology.
    Foxconn is the largest manufacturer from electronic devices in the world.
    They manufacter nearly every brand laptop,console,motherboards,videocards,smartphone,mobile phone and tablets.
    Ranging from Apple,Nintendo,Microsoft Xbox,Sony Ericson,ATI,AMD,Intel,Nvidia,Asus,Samsung and many more i forgot.

Now this is funny :D

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  5. Rodimus

Rodimus Getting Started

It does seem pretty quick for having no previous information. Guess we'll wait and see.

6. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Personally i kinda hope their not, not because it will mean shelling out another £300+ but because i havent really had much use out of the PS3, as i only really bought it to play FF 13, if it had been released on the PC i wouldnt have bothered at all. Although the blu-ray is handy

7. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

It's odd to have not seen any hints of it at E3, however it does fit with Sony's planned 10 year life cycle they talked about yonks ago. PS3 came out 6 years after the PS2, and by the end of this year it will have been 6 years since the PS3 launched.

Since then however they have talked about extending the life of consoles by adding things like kinect and whatever sony's shiny dildo thing is called. Seems unnecessary to be launching a new console yet, the current gen is still doing fine.

8. Rodimus

Rodimus Getting Started

Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with my PS3 right now and could see a lot more from this gen. I know it had a rocky start but it's seems to have come into its own lately. I really don't have a desire for a new one yet.

9. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

iAgree. Will be keeping my PS3 for at least another 2 years and then will see if the new console is worth the upgrade.

10. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Wow its been 6 years already :) ive only had mine 2 years (i think) i delayed getting it when final fantasy 13 was put back. Doesnt time fly. Any news on a new xbox? I know these companies like to keep up with each other.

11. Spice.

Spice. Retired Captain

Everything I've heard is there won't be new consoles until at least 2013.

12. Dragonhammer

Historically Sony has regularly denied new console models or other plans only to confirm them weeks or months later.

13. Ancient_One

The PS3 came out 1 year after the slim so thinking it's on the cards for the new release PS4 but hope they hold out a while longer given this bit of tech is still going strong.

14. Cindax

Cindax Well-Known Member

Just throwing a wild idea out there... I wonder if they could release a PS3.5 with newer tech stuffed inside so that it will run games with more grunt and better graphics at 60fps but staying compatible with the current PS3 except the new games would run at 30fps on the PS3.

15. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I would be happy if the new consoles just had AA, i mean take FF13 for instance, it looks awesome but get really close to the screen and its jagged edge city :) I guess one of the advantages of a PC

16. Dragonhammer

consoles are meant to be played on big widescreens like 40" or bigger.
    With those screens you sit atleast 6 feet away and thats when the magic happens suddenly you have high resolution textures and AA with courtesy of your own human brain that touches everything up.

17. Rodimus

Rodimus Getting Started

I like the idea even though I doubt it would ever happen. Not enough people would be willing to spend on the upgrade just to have their games look better. I know I would just stick with my old hardware. :)

18. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I know :) im just fussy :p everything looks nice on my 42" at distance, even red dead redemption, i guess i just feel at a loose end when i cant click on the options and mess about with the graphics :p

19. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

It's in their best interest to deny a new model is coming, people may stop buying the old one and games if they expected a new one to come very soon.

20. Ancient_One

True. They do want to keep up the profits.

I noticed the sales of Wii have reduced as a consequence of their announcement. Many shops have started clearing stock through price drops in expectation.