PS4: PlayStation VR

Discussion in 'Hardware Talk' started by Ancient_One, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

Release date is October 2016.

Pre-order for A$549.95 RRP.

I have to admit I would like one but for the cost of a new PS4. Ouch. The games which are supported by it would have to be bloody good for the money.

So my friends. Who has their eye on a Playstation VR for Christmas. :D

2. Quarterican

Quarterican Getting Started

That's pretty steep and I also heard a PS 4.5 update with the better GPU. Will that be needed for this or for certain games? I'm definitely interested in the games that will support it (and will they be more expensive?).

I was one of those that pre-ordered the S7 Edge with the VR headset--granted much cheaper variety, but it will let me know if I'm interested in this 3d gaming stuff.

3. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Part of the reason I got a PS4 late last year was in anticipation for VR but given the steep requirements for PC to run VR, I'm unsure how well VR will be implemented on the PS4.

I can only think the games that will support it will be very simplistic graphics wise in order to maintain that magical 90fps.

If it's decent, I'll get it though. It has the potential to bring more focus on VR than the two soon to be released VR HMD's for PC despite the PC probably being the richer platform for VR.

4. Thymos

Thymos Elder Scrolls Online Officer

I'll admit, I have no desire to play VR games. I'm not all that into deep immersion, and I prefer the multi-taskability I get with keeping the game on a screen. Gaming now, I am able to put something on the TV and keep up with it, and/or have my other screen open to information. VR will most likely set off motion sickness, and help me lose track of time.