Please read this :) (Not Spam)

Discussion in 'Contact TOG' started by FeZza, Jul 18, 2010.

1. FeZza

FeZza Well-Known Member

Hi all at TOG[​IMG]Haven't said hi for a while sorry, so Hi :) Some may remember me as TOG FeRaL. Lived here for a few years :)

I hope the powers to be here won't mind if I post this here but if you read on I hope you'll see it's for a good cause & I thought there might be a few here willing to cast a vote to help her cause.

My Oldest Girl Renee and her friend heard of the plight of a little fella here in QLD recently via thier association with his grandmother in Sydney & have decided to do all they can to help him and his family out in any way they can. Needless to say I'm rather proud of her selfless actions and would like to help in any small way that I can too. Hope yez don't mind [​IMG]

Here's a brief rundown on what happened:

WARNING - SMALL BATTERIES AROUND CHILDREN CAN BE FATAL

On 19/4/10 my cousin’s baby, Hunter, had his first birthday and the next week he was in hospital fighting for his life. He had swallowed a small round battery the size of a .10c piece.

The acid has leaked into his little body destroying his esophagus and damaging his windpipe and main artery to his left arm. His parents have been told that he may never eat again and that he may loose the use of his left arm.

The batteries were stored in a kitchen drawer where Hunter was unable to reach and his parents hadn’t realized that their 3 year could open that drawer.

There is no storage advice or warning on packaging that these batteries, if swallowed by a child, can be fatal.

Speaking to many family and friends they also had them in a kitchen drawer or in a TV cabinet and have now moved them to a higher/safer place.

These batteries are used in children’s toys and musical books.

Could you please let us know where you store your batteries so that my cousin can take the information to the battery company & convince them to have a warning on its product? Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Please send this to as many people as you can because this message could save a child’s life.

Here's a link to the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WARNIN...04520012929779

& Here's a link to my Daughters Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=633087491

They're trying to win some money from Nova969 in Sydney in the Love & Money contest and need as many votes as possible as they are currently in 7th and need to be 5th at least to collect anything. So if you have the time it will cost nothing to help out & They would really appreciate it, as would I [​IMG] Voting finishes soon.

Instructions on how to vote: Go to: http://www.novafm.com.au/Nova969/Pol...95753?s=239You will then see all the pledges on the left. Find the one that says "We will be standing out the front of Sydney fish markets from 6am on Monday the 19th. We will be dressed as fish and fisherman with signs saying "Catch of... See More ... See Morethe Day", Listen to Merrick, Dools and Ricki-Lee. They catch you hook line and sinker" and VOTE for that one.They are currently on page 3.You will need to become a member or sign in, it only takes 1 minute to become a member and its for a really good cause. Please pass this on to all of your friends/family and lets help Hunter out. Many thanks
    What people will do for love and money!www.novafm.com.auVote for my pledge to help me earn the cash. The Top 5 get paid as voted by you each week. Make my pledge the one that wins.

They are also putting together a benefit day in August and are looking for any kind of assist to try and help these people out so please visit her Facebook page with any suggestions or whatever as once again it will be very much appreciated.

Thanx all for taking the time [​IMG]

PS: If this has done no harm and doesn't breach any TOG regulations is there a chance it may be repeated in a forum where TOGs monster member base might see it and perhaps help out please? Thanx again & I'll check in later to find out.

Headly likes this.
  2. hoppy

hoppy Guardian Captain

Fez, mate that is terrible news!!

Put my vote in!!!

3. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red

Hey there, Feral, nice to hear from you after all this time, but under terrible circumstances.

I'll pop a link in the Lounge to this thread.

4. Leevers

Leevers Guest

Hope things look up!

5. Headly

Headly World of Warcraft Leader

Done old mate :)

6. Axe_Murderer

Axe_Murderer Well-Known Member

Bugger, i think i missed out on voting on the nova thing.... :(

Have joined FB group, and will nag the good wife to join as well.

Certainly a good cause, having a 4month old myself. 2nd time around and its like riding a bike, with a lot more to have a stack on, hazards-wise that is.

We may be on the other side of the fence, but this is one of those things differnces get set aside for. So sorry to hear and TOG or OLDr, we all feel for you and your family mate :)

7. AvatarICEMAN

Woah

Not good at all, I'll get back on FB to join and encourage others to do the same. Wishing you all the best.

8. FeZza

FeZza Well-Known Member

Thanx all for any assist you can manage at all. The voting on Nova runs thru 'til Thursday each week. I believe they are re-listing the pledge each week at this stage to give it the best chance to achieve something. You can vote on the Nova site once every day if you can manage it but whatever you do is greatly appreciated I assure you.

Thanx too Cailith :)