Prime - Battle for Dominus

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Andru, Jul 29, 2011.

1. sajjiro

sajjiro Active Member

sorry to be abit of a dick but i got the old everyone whos in channel will be added to the next round of beta invites in the start of october emailed my details to sanya like we were told to do got a thx email then nothing lol
    not that i care to much ive waited this long .
    i do hope its soon though space wow just doesnt seem that fun to me

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

Sanya was just explaining the situation in the Thanksgiving thread.

"Then the beta got delayed for the Hero engine patch. (For those of you just tuning in, Hero 1.67 is so big that the game may have some compatibility issues. The Hero people are working with us very closely on this, fortunately, but that doesn't make it go any faster. It just makes it go... functionally.)"

3. Flintwick

Flintwick Retired Captain

They are using the Hero engine? Interesting...

4. solarbear88

solarbear88 Well-Known Member

Pity this game did not get released a couple months ago as they were hinting. Its going to be a long slog for them to get people to notice it when it finally comes out.

5. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

yeah, I'm waiting on Firefall, and glad they aren't really promoting yet so they can give a big push when it's ready.

6. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

From Sanya:

The Official Deal With Beta - Prime Online

"So, we've got the new engine patch! Now we gotta fix all the stuff in the game that doesn't work with the new improved engine

A lot of it is visual, to be honest. The content is basically fine. But the animations are borked, and the lighting is all off, and everything needs to be re-optimized. There are also some very specific technical things we need help with... but now that we're officially in the holiday season, many of our resources are unavailable. We will be hard at work all next week - time off is for the weak! - but we are still looking at the end of next month before we can add new people to the test.

So all of you who were promised a spot in the December beta? I apologize. I can't express how disappointed I am. You have not lost your spots - your spots just moved to late January.

We're just going to keep our heads down and add stuff in the meantime while we wait for these new challenges to be overcome and ironed... okay, I mean smashed into submission. Thanks for your patience. We will almost certainly send a mass email when things are ready to cook again. "

7. sajjiro

sajjiro Active Member

hopefully we get those invites soon 'ive been waitin for this since june last year

8. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

Closed Beta is restarting this week.

Initially the core testers will have to green light the games readiness for a larger test. Then they'll start inviting those that have won a Beta key in the last few months. The game is in advanced stages and they're expecting to give out Media Keys in the next 4 weeks or so.

9. Getafix

Getafix Retired Captain

Ah I forgot about this one. Time to see what new details have been released since last time I looked, it's like Christmas morning!

10. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

If you want to get a Beta key, tune into the next Dev Chat on 10th of February. (11th Feb 7am 0z EDST)

Sanya hinted that they will be giving away keys en mass to boost numbers in the next round at the last chat.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    Getafix likes this.
  11. Kess

Kess Retired Captain

Hey Mesar, keep us updated on how to get them beta keys! I'll be very keen to get my hands on one :)

12. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

I got mine by just listening to the live DevChat.

Warren and John just said on camera something along the lines of, "Hey, if your not currently in Beta, write to Sanya right now and you're in."

Sanya hinted that they may have a similar deal at the next one, to boost Beta numbers.

It's actually pretty cool to join at this size, since the community is small enough that you can build real relationships with the Devs. Like Sanya has PM'd me for something written on the guild thread, how cool is that!?

13. Kess

Kess Retired Captain

Oh poo! I missed the boat then :( I thought perhaps they would announce a website or a way to get a beta key. Not that you needed to do it right then and there.

Since you're so chummy with these people are you able to write to them and ask for one more key? For little ol' me?

14. Getafix

Getafix Retired Captain

:)

Saturday morning AEST. Looks to be the best shot of getting a key, plus getting some more info on it in the meantime.

15. Kess

Kess Retired Captain

Oh right, still time to get one in the next one! Awesome :)

16. sajjiro

sajjiro Active Member

got an email from sanya saying that ill most likely be in the beta within the month which is good news since ive been on the beta list for 6 months now .
    so if your on the list or if you get to the next dev chat you wont be waiting long.
    oh and hi getafix nice to see we are gettin some new peeps in the guild its been awhile since someone has joined .
    and its best to join the dev chat 10 to 15 mins early never runs exactly to schedule

On a different note i think its its kinda funny that since the dev chats started mid last year when they were every week which was better then once a fortnight , that there are bunch of gamers that get together with the devs for an hour or so and that from what i can tell that all the dudes that used to show up for the first few chats when there was only like 14 of us are still showing up the the chats 6 months later .

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  17. Getafix

Getafix Retired Captain

Well, no mention of beta keys - I asked Sanya what the best bet would be and she said probably tune in to the next chat, which I will be anyway.

18. Macro

Macro Well-Known Member

Hey Mesar. Yep, that was me who applied to the Dominus guild.

19. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

BETA IS COMING!

If You Were A Winner... - Dominus

Sanya Weathers wrote:

IF YOU'RE A WINNER...and you're still here, and you still want to use that beta, email me:

sanya AT pitchblackgames dot com

I mean people who won trivia betas, contest betas, December betas, whatever. If you won a beta, I want to hear from you.

Yes, I have a database, the problem is I don't want to screw around wondering how many of those people have gone inactive. I'll still flip them, but I'm trying to get a sense of how many people are prepared to play in the next week.

OH YEAH I SAID IT.

(Assuming the High Council says we're good to go, of course!)

20. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

AND WAIT THERE'S MORE!

Sanya Weathers wrote:

Anyone who was ever told they have won a beta should be emailing me

I will reply once I check you off the spreadsheet. You will get your invite letter next week, probably the end of the week.