Project site on the survival server.

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Justin Kace, May 18, 2011.

1. Justin Kace

Justin Kace Retired Captain

So my hunger for MC has returned, and a couple of nights ago I found a place that would suit my idea for a project.

As of today's map update though, it appears I'm sharing the island with someone who was likely there before me!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The inner circle is where I have started work. The outer circle is the area I imagine I'll end up using. Co-ords for the hill I started on are at the bottom.

If I am treading on someone else's toes I am very happy to shift my borders (I could happily shift my large circle a fair bit north) or even pack off to another location completely, but please let me know asap so I waste a minimum of time building there!

2. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

I believe it's Foxman's area. I looked on the map and he's in the area ("show players"), and then I checked his thread - http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/360922-smp-claim-question.html - and I presume it's the same place (a bit hard to tell at night)

If you click on the "get link to" bit at the bottom of the map, it will generate a clickable link (TOG Minecraft Survival World Map (Day) - 15 May 2011 - rendered using Tectonicus) helpful for letting other people find it on the map...

3. Non Action Man

Non Action Man Retired Captain

My tunnel is a bit to the west of there, but its clear of where your thinking. its about +1478

4. Justin Kace

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  5. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Getting Started

This is a lovely map and all, now the question is....how....did....you....do....that.....DO WANT...for my maps :D

6. Justin Kace

7. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

8. Justin Kace

The wall does not mark his boundaries?

9. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

As far as I have seen, the glass wall to the west is the world border left over from an old mod, the east stone fence is the pvp area the hunt will be in and the the stuff over the water is a walkway and railway. I am not sure where he regards his borders but he has been playing in that area lately. (coz I visited him and managed to keep breaking bits with my friends in green who have explosive tempers)

Sorontar

10. Justin Kace

Oho that wall is the PvP area? Cool! Ok, do you think I'll be ok sticking to the northern 1/3 of that island?

11. Justin Kace

Extensive excavation is expected to commence this evening. Please post protests prior. Pickets present will provoke potential problems.

I'm done. In legible speech, I plan on digging a whopping great eyesore of a hole, starting in about 9 hours. Anyone got a bulldozer I can borrow?

Megaproject planned to occupy the space below. X marks the site manager's temporary office. It's quite well northeast of where Red is working and wont come close to interfering with the PvP zone.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Genghoidal likes this.
  12. dday_0612

dday_0612 Well-Known Member

I am only posting to say that I am excited to see what you are building...

Sounds like fun!

13. Justin Kace

I'm quite excited about the project myself! It's going to be a huge akegkhaekg:pwe;

Wretched cat walking on my keyboard! ;) Ah well, probably for the best. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise. I'm sure it's nothing that hasn't been done by someone somewhere else in MC. But it's a new one for me!

14. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Well-Known Member

I thought that we dont "claim" areas on the survival server... has this changed recently?

15. Justin Kace

I did wonder at the lack of claims staked.

My intention was less to make a claim and more to avoid treading on the toes of others already present. :)

16. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

Claims on Survival as such weren't initially required to be formalised because

1. it was new so there was plenty of space
    2. not many people were playing
    3. with creepers, nothing is guaranteed to be permanent
    These reasons might be different now, but we have been very courteous and asking if space was free etc. That is to be applauded.

Unless, Thermal or the community feels otherwise, I would take it that we continue like that. The maps are great for getting a heads-up on who is working where, especially with beds and signs and players activated (and torches on the night map help indicate the extent of work and borders).

Sorontar

17. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong, its good to ask... but since its "survival" you could we walking about and forgot the time, then you quickly build a house over night...

Sometimes Im scared looking around peoples places, as a couple of times a creeper has appeared... I leg it and hope it doesnt explode and damage the buildings!

18. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

Yeah this is a problem. I recently managed to blow someones wall up because it started raining and the mobs spawned inside the complex even though lit by torches. That's why I build underground :p
    I think I'm getting a bit spoiled about that actually, everything always working, no night, no need to wall in and protect against spiders, no rain trouble ;)

It can also be dangerous to explore some peoples mines as they are sometimes badly lit and you can blow up a lot of stuff by mistake, chests being one of the worst.

19. Cheith

Cheith Active Member

You would be fine in my mines .... I tend to over light them if anything! It is not like coal and wood are hard to get!
    C.

20. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

When survival started out, it was more about actual survival... but as we've gone on, people have moved over from creative and we're now seeing the same construction based play being more common now, so I think we have moved more towards wanting our own spaces for our stuff, like on creative... just not to that scale.