PS Vita games

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by paradroid, Dec 26, 2012.

1. paradroid

paradroid Well-Known Member

My better half bought me a PS Vita for xmas, but with no games. I know whats good on pc but this is beyond my knowledge.Any suggestions about what is good?

2. razalom

razalom Well-Known Member

One big question is do you have a ps3 at all? If so I would get PS Plus for starters as you get free games across both platform.
    If you dont here are my fav games so far on Vita

Uncharted
    Ragnarok Odyssey (import only)
    Gravity Rush
    Rayman
    Assassins Creed 3 Liberation
    Need for Speed Most Wanted
    Metal Gear Solid HD

paradroid likes this.
  3. paradroid

paradroid Well-Known Member

Thanks, I have a Ps3, but only the kids use it, so I'll look into Ps Plus. The other games look good as well.

4. plebc

plebc Well-Known Member

Vita sale now on in PS Store. PS Plus is also great value now it includes Vita.

I love all these:
    Pinball Arcade (cross-buy - buy for PS3 and get for Vita as well) - I bought a Vita to play this.
    Super Stardust Delta
    Lumines Electronic Symphony - I am addicted to this on the PSP, PS3 and Vita.
    Rayman Origins - great platformer
    Little Big Planet Vita - there is a cross-platform DLC to play with people on a PS3 that is also great fun.
    When Vikings Attack (cross-buy - my kids love this)

I have Uncharted and Gravity Rush free from PS Plus. They are both good games, but not my style. Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD is ok. BlazBlue is fun if you like Tekken/Street Fighter etc.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is ok, but reminds me of Burnout Legends and Dominator on the PSP too much.

FIFA Football is a blast, if you like sport games.

Other downloadables, on the cheaper end, that are worth a look (some of these might be free or have recently been free on PS Plus):
    - Mutant Blobs Attack
    - Big Sky Infinity
    - Motor Storm RC
    - Sine Mora
    - Knytt Underground

thers is a stack of old PSP games that play on the Vita as well. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max; Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded; Patapon 2 etc.

Been also playing a bit of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - the Vita version is free if you buy the PS3 version (but not vice-versa).

I love the Vita. My 3DS barely gets a look-in any more.

5. SemiproCharlie

SemiproCharlie Well-Known Member

I'd second (or third, or whatever we are up to) considering PS Plus for the vita. My vita got a whole new life once I signed up.

One of the free games included is Gravity Rush which a few others have mentioned. A great little game I feel. Makes good use of some of the Vita's features.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation - if you like/play the other Assassin's Creed games, this one is a no-brainer. It's a solid game in its own right, that will make you forget you are playing on a handheld.

Lumines: Electronic Symphony looks fun, but I'm hanging out for it to be available free on PS Plus, which by some accounts will happen in 2 days!

I also just grabbed WipEout 2048 for free via PS Plus, but I haven't played it yet.

6. Jonnod

Jonnod Getting Started

I got my Vita in Feb and the first thing I did was get PS Plus. I got Uncharted for nothing. My favourite game on the Vita is:

Virtues Last Reward

Other games I am playing on the Vita are:

EDF 2025 Portable
    Persona 4 Golden

and with Phantasy Star Online 2 and Soul Sacrifice coming in the future the Vita is looking pretty good for me :D

7. JacintheUK

JacintheUK Just Joined

I got mine two days ago and looking forward for Killzone.

8. Lukus

Lukus World of Warcraft Leader

I have been enjoying Street Fighter x Tekken lately. Really nothing new for the series, but if like SF or Tekken, then it's easy to kill some time with this one :)

9. shadowarrior

shadowarrior Active Member

I am loving that free PS+ game, Little king story. :) The only game I purchased was Ragnarok Odyssey because I loved the original Ragnarok Online. :)

10. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Heh, my better half is also getting me a vita for Xmas...

Getting it ahead of a PS4, mainly for remote play. I also have PS+ for the next year.

11. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Picked one up recently in Hong Kong for nearly half what they cost in Australia. I've had PS+ for over a year now so have been grabbing the vita games each month as I figured I'd get one eventually. Nice having a library of over 20 games right off the bat at no extra cost!

12. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Wife works at walmart, so I get a discount on buying PSN money. She got a special 25% discount yesterday and we used it to get a bunch of the cards. So I DLed Megaman Maverick Hunter X. Love the nostalgia. I got Soul Sacrifice free on the Plus subscription, and Hotline Miami. Loving these games.

13. LinfordC

LinfordC Just Joined

The vita is looking quite tasty at this point. Despite having sold hardly any units, people keep releasing more games for it. It's got as many good indie games as it has bigger releases.

My suggestions would be:

-Persona 4 Golden
    -FFX/X-2
    -The Walking Dead
    -Fez
    -Limbo
    -Terraria
    -Child of Light

Minecraft's on its way too!