PS4 already glitching after couple of weeks??

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by Shazoo, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

So I got my PS4 destiny bundle on launch night of destiny, played it for sometime after that, went on vacation for a week and didn't touch it. Come back and pick up FF14, play for about an hour and it auto ejects the disc and kicks me out of my game. I get up and go take out the disc, inspect it, put it back in, start up the game....10 mins later, samething. rinse and repeat 3 more times. Appears to be random with disc based games, but searching the internet has me worried and seems I either have to open my console or send it into sony for warranty repairs. I talked to my buddy who also has a PS4, and he said the samething happens for him. Really would hate to lose 10-14 days of game time of my 30 day trial period for FF14 and on top of that, the same time with my PS+ sub that I only have for another 2 months.

Is my PS4 defective, or is this a known issue with a simple fix?

2. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

A few solutions post here.

On off button trick seems the popular:

Let us know how you get on. Worse case scenario is repair/replacement by Sony.

3. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

the playstation wont even allow discs to be put in it anymore...just constantly makes the eject noise. sigh*

4. Ancient_One

Did you try some of the options I linked in the post above. Otherwise back to Sony mate for you.

5. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

apparently Sony knows about this problem and a ton of people have called in about it, they had almost the same fix as you did, except without pressing power, just unplugging for a few mins. Here's to hoping it doesnt happen again, or be a black flag to other issues. The PS4 is definitely the fastest I've ever had a console start to glitch out.

6. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

Ok. I'm about one flaw away from giving up on Sony this generation, everytime I'm on the dashboard now my playstation had artifacting in the top mostly right quadrant of the screen. Only occurs while on the dashboard so far, tried 2 separate HDMI cables that work fine with my 360 and my laptop, both hooked into the same TV, have also tried switching wallpapers. First it was the disc problem, then update 2.0 (which still plagues rest mode on my system) and now this, I think the GPU is going bad from what everyone else online is saying...
    PS4 Users Suffering From A Strange Issue: Odd Grid-like Display Appearing On-Screen GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog

7. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Sounds like you should just send it to Sony, something is obviously very wrong with it.

8. BoOchi777

BoOchi777 Getting Started

The artificing does not sound good, and may be a good idea to take it back and demand a replacement system.

As for the disc ejecting error, that has been a constant one I have had to fix.

The problem is caused by the safety mechanism they built in, with the screw that is used to manually eject a stuck disc. Sadly the screw can become loose, and the beeping and ejecting madness begins.....

Sony has a fix on their website, for the "disc being stuck" scenario, and what you have to do is turn the screw the opposite way to tighten it. Thing is this screw turns forever, and is no way to know when it is tight, and I ended up having to put pressure on it, to push it downwards while tightening it.

Making matters worse, with the 2.0 firmware patch....mine started beeping again....twice I had to tighten the screw, and then I had to rebuild the database....and it finally stopped....

All of this is really quite unacceptable out of Sony, and quite sure they already have a new model in the making....after going through one PS3....with a disc reading error, I bough the newer model which top loaded the disc, through a door that can be slid open manually, and have had no problems what so ever with it.

9. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

disc ejecting error is back... anyone want to buy a white PS4? :mad:

10. Ancient_One

Have you claimed on warranty mate?

11. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

not yet, i'm hoping it lasts through the christmas season as my PSN sub will run out mid Dec, and I'm kinda hoping to use it until then if it'll let me. :)

12. JaneOfWar

JaneOfWar Just Joined

I had this same problem a while back. I contacted Sony and they had me to rebuild my database and it fixed my problem. Not sure why this would fix the issue...but it did. Would be worth a try.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  13. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

appreciate the help, already did this when 2.0 update launched to try to fix that cant-wake-from-restmode issue, didn't fix that issue nor the disc eject issue for me.

14. JaneOfWar

JaneOfWar Just Joined

Oh no! I am sorry...I hate to hear that it didn't fix the idsue for you. Hope you get it resolved soon. If you do, give me a yell...would love to game it up on the PS4 with you guys.