PS4: PSN - Do NOT update to 2.0 firmware!

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by Shazoo, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

I just did, and now I cannot connect to PSN. There are a ton of sites reporting the same thing. Wait for an official statement regarding what to do, hopefully they pull 2.0 asap.

Sources reporting issue so far.
    Videogamer.com
    Explosion.com
    product-reviews.net

AskPlaystation Twitter announcement

partially resolved for me after a couple hours. Still getting tons of errors trying to access PSN store, and downloading things. Appeared to be a backend issue for the most part. Wondering if they're going to issue a hotfix to correct why some PS4's aren't turning back on from rest mode.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. Scunnered101

Scunnered101 Just Joined

All good for me.

3. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator

I upgraded and then had a ton of issue's connecting to DriveClub.

That said, DriveClub has a ton of issues connecting on normal days!!! :(

4. Vixen

Vixen Retired Captain

Partner upgraded his, no problems... his is the white one that's only just come out, but that shouldn't make any difference.

5. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

i'm now having the issue where it wont wake from rest mode...mines the white ps4 as well.

6. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator

One of those websites above suggested removing the plug, letting it power down completely, then rebooting. If that didn't work (as inconvenient as it is) then I'd be totally pee'd off.

7. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Upgraded no issues.

8. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

Hope this doesn't become a regular thing, just did this a bit ago to fix the dvd pop out issue. Sony's almost dropped the ball this go with hardware and software like Microsoft did last gen as far as i'm concerned. The STRUGGLE is real! :p They seriously just need to pull 2.0 and fix it already.

update: The unplug the power cord fix doesn't work for the not waking from rest mode. :( Just confirmed.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  9. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

I've upgraded already and haven't had any problems yet either.

10. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

I'm glad to see it's finally getting some widespread attention now at least. Gamespot says this in its article.
    Cnet
    Gamespot

watched a youtube video that shows someone putting their console in safe mode, choosing "Rebuild Database" option and it working so I tested that myself and it works, incase anyone else has the issue. I recommend uploading your most important or all saves to your online cloud profile, (you could have set it to do this automatically already, but mine wasn't up to date due to the issues). Then turn off your PS4, hold power button for 2 beeps, connect USB to ps4 and controller, press PS button, and choose rebuild database. Depending on how much stuff you have on your console is how long it will take, although the notice states it can take several hours. This won't delete your saved games, but it's good to have a backup plan, hence why I said to use the PS+ cloud function.

Hope this helps anybody that might be experiencing the issue whether official TOG member or lurker.

EDIT 11/2/14: Nevermind, it didn't fix it...sigh.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  11. ultraviolet

ultraviolet Just Joined

someone on another forum said closing all the apps down first helps, but you might as well just switch it off then surely :)

12. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

Yeah, I've been using the power completely off method until they issue some hotfix for it. Been a pain to plug my controllers into another outlet in the house since rest mode use to do the trick before for me. :p I'm just afraid of rest mode corrupting any data that might not be backed up.