PS3: PSN update: Sony says private info may have been stolen!

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by King_Rocket, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Ive got the update, when trying to sign in it still says undergoing maintence so either it hasnt reached the UK yet or as youve said Cindax its over loaded, i guess within the next few days it might be ok. Do you get an option to remove your details at all?

2. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

3. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

The account is back up so you can change your password now and it looks like you can remove your details from the account management screen which is cool.

4. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I received this email this morning from sony:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity™ Customers

[​IMG]
    Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer AllClear ID PLUS to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States who are concerned about identity theft.

AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators.

Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll. In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

If interested, please submit your email address by June 28, 2011, at 11:59:59 PM CST at: us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection.

Please note, you must enter the same email address used to register your PlayStation®Network or Qriocity account. Once your email address is validated, you will be sent your AllClear ID PLUS activation code.
    [​IMG]
    Sincerely,

Sony Computer Entertainment & Sony Network Entertainment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all very nice but why am i getting that? I dont live in america for a start, besides sony saying (in a round about way) if you live in another country your not as important so make your own arrangements, they should only send this out to usa account holders, are they trying to annoy the rest of the world?

Thankfully i have made my own arrangements anyway and im not interested in anything sony have to offer but for everyone else im sure this will only irritate them.

5. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Yeah.....only in America.

6. Zhul

Zhul Retired Captain

I thought they listed other countries as well? Maybe that was just on the Sony website?

7. Ancient_One

What disappoints me is I have never ever received an emal from them explaining anything at all.

SO other then the forums I am none the wiser as to what has been going on or what is planned.

I guess a few people in a billion is not bad odds.

8. Cindax

Cindax Well-Known Member

Guess they are making up for sending me an email even though I do not own a PS3 nor have I ever signed into the PSN or made any kind of online sony purchase.

9. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I think they must have paniced and just sent them out as much as they could, either that or they had some one fresh from school sending out the emails. I admit its really bad that you didnt get anything at all and yet others who dont even have a ps account got emails. A p*ss up in a brewery does spring to mind when someone mentions sony.

I read that they are now working on the PS4, unless sony decide to pay square enix to only make final fantasys on their new system (not that that is going to happen considering their loss of profit) i will probably buy a Xbox next time (when microsoft release their new one). I could never be one of these...what do they call them? "Fanboys" or something, not sure i understand that meaning, but im happy to swap between consoles. The only game ive got that wasnt avalible anywhere else was heavy rain and since they wont be making another one there really isnt a reason to stick to a playstation anymore.

Im pretty sure the next xbox will have bluray fitted as standard and support full 1080p resolutions (well it would have to if it had bluray :)

10. Pure Mongrel

Have not had time to check, is the Playstation Store back up?

11. Ancient_One

Will check again when I get home but it wasn't the last time I looked 1 day ago.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  12. Pure Mongrel

:(

13. Ancient_One

Nope. Store is still down.

It's funny how What's New has the Welcome Back Package dated 17 May but no one can access the Store to get anything.

Also Video section still displays Playstation Store movies.

14. Pure Mongrel

Well with my main PS3 being operated on, I can't play the games I want too as I had not downloaded them to my second PS3 :(

So in a sense, my PS3 is still "down"

15. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Never let it be known that im not humble enough to admit im wrong :)

I received another email this time stating that the uk residents are now getting identity theft protection. Quite why i got the usa one as well is beyond me but im glad to see all their customers will be getting the same service.

Store is still down here in the uk and my ps3 bleeps when its trying to connect.

16. Cindax

Cindax Well-Known Member

17. Ancient_One

Read somewhere Sony Store was up World wide.

Logged in yesterday confirmed my welcome back package and made arrangement to download my two free games. One we already have but they have given us the add-on and the other we are not sure we will play but hey it was free.

18. DrunkenSailor

DrunkenSailor Retired Captain

Already have 2 of the PS3 games also. The people that have all of them must be feeling a bit ripped. Couldn't find the PSP downloads either?:confused:

One freebie will be Ratchet & Clank. The other can't decide between Infamous and Dead Nation (any recommendations?). As for the PSP, if I can find it, I'll get Pursuit Force and Mod Nation Racers.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  19. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I got the psp downloads by going on the store with my psp its pretty much the same deal.

As for recomendations X4 i would go with Infamous. I would have had Infamous and dead nation but i already bought dead nation so went woth ratchet and clank as my second choice. Not my sort of game but it was the best of the rest for me.

20. Ancient_One

I downloaded Dead Nation and Wipeout HD Fury expansion (we already own Wipeout D from 3D purchase). The other games we also already own.

I'm a little disappointed with Sonies offering as a whole. Should have been any game for free not a selection of the older games which most people have already purchased.

Also the PSP games from the Plus section as I read it are only good for 30 days use not free forever.

Overall I'm not impressed by Sony at all with how they have handled this issue. That coming from a Sony Fan Boy.