1. George

George Well-Known Member

I've just noticed that the mobile forum has been moved to the lab. This forum had the PSP & DS in there as well.

I know it's not a biggie as we haven't had any threads about the portable gaming devices for a bit, but i was wondering if we wanted to add them back in the console section as well.
    I'm using my PSP quiet a bit at the moment due to the amount of air miles i'm racking up. (sims castaway, but don't tell anyone else outside this club house :) )

Just a thought.

Neil

2. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond had to think a little on this one and I agree.

When the Mobile forum was being created and going into the public area of TOG I thought it was a good place for the PSP/DS threads to go. it also bolstered the number of threads in that forum indicating it was a busier forum.

Unfortunately it has not really taken off for handheld gamers I fear. It seems to be more to do about Apple versus Android with a little speckle of other mobile platforms and some mobile phone gaming.

Now they have moved it into the basement at The Laboratory which has made it a TOG only area I feel the PSP/DS gaming aspect will not receive the attention it so deserves.

I vote to move all the PSP/DS threads into a new section in the console division called Handhelds. I'm happy to look after some of admin for this new thread as I was looking after PSP previously and still own and use a DS.

3. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

I own neither, but agree in principle with the move for the reasons stated by you both.

I brought this to the attention of the Modmins and have Bayland waiting for us to let him know exactly what we wish to be done.

Are we happy to have a "Handheld Consoles" subforum? (as opposed to "mobile devices" - in .au at least, the latter tends to imply devices with a cellphone technology)
    Clubhousers, please have your say here.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010